Form from department of work and pensions asking if my partner works. Is this normal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Form from department of work and pensions asking if my partner works. Is this normal?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
Hi folks, 
Just received a letter with a form to fill in, it is addressed to me, but it's about my partner and they want to know if she works or not etc etc, 
Being as there called department of work and pensions I would of thought they,d already know? 
They probably do and just trying to catch me out? They do that all the time I feel?
Anyway I'll get her to help me with the form and send it off and hope there satisfied?!
Anyone else on here had anything similar?
Cheers.
Alan

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thats an odd one, are you sure it was addressed to you and not your partner?

They would imho only try and catch anybody out if they had something to hide, they are not "out to get you"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is it to do with ESA and is about just about your partner or is it about both of you? If so it is to check they have the right information for calculating your ESA entitlement because she will be shown as a partner on your claim. Form would be addressed to you because you are the claimant.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2021
    Options
    It is addressed to me and I've got nothing to hide! If I had plenty of money I certainly wouldn't be claiming any benefits!
    In fact nothing would give me greater pleasure to win millions on the lottery and tell the dwp government etc to DO one!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    givingup said:
    It is addressed to me and I've got nothing to hide! If I had plenty of money I certainly wouldn't be claiming any benefits!
    In fact nothing would give me greater pleasure to win millions on the lottery and tell the dwp government etc to DO one!
    Sorry what I wrote probably came out all wrong I wasn't suggesting you had anything to hide, I do appologise.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's fine, don't worry.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.