P45 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P45

taffy58
taffy58 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Do you receive your p45 when moved onto credits only ESA.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @taffy58 good question to which i'm not sure if I know the answer, you usually only get a p60 when you have taxable income, so based on that then no.
    You should check on the Gov.uk site that you are getting your N.I credits.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming đź’ˇ

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If this is new-style ESA coming to an end after 12 months I think you should be given one as it is taxable income.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • taffy58
    Sorry for delay could not sign in.  On old style income related support group esa. Told been put on to Credits only  esa and sent my P45. Was told its still a live claim ?.
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    If it was entirely income related ESA that is not taxable so no P45 would be issued.

Why has the ESA stopped?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • taffy58
    Had to send wife’s payslips in monthly for them to check. Told it stopped after 1year ?. Then told still a live claim credits only and received my P45, asked for explanation and got nothing. 
  • calcotti
    You must have been getting contribution based which would stop after one year of you are not in the Support Group. That would be taxable, hence the need to issue a P45.
  • taffy58
    No, income related that’s why they needed the wife’s payslips. Phoned the job centre they don’t understand what’s happened either.
  • calcotti
    taffy58 said:
    No, income related that’s why they needed the wife’s payslips. Phoned the job centre they don’t understand what’s happened either.
    For legacy ESA it could be contribution based topped up by income based. However if you were in Support Group contribution based bit would continue indefinitely so you’re right it makes no sense. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.