Hi, my name is mickfrankie! I'm entitled to SDP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mickfrankie! I'm entitled to SDP

Options
mickfrankie
mickfrankie Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I had a text about 2 weeks ago from DWP saying they needed me too call them ASAP regarding my ESA claim I have been claiming ESA for 4 years and I'm in the income related group. I was hesitant too phone them as panic sets in. I eventually did 3 days later too find it was about that I may be entitled too SDP. Which I knew nothing about but now reading about it I have been entitled too it for around 12 months. I haven't heard anything since and I have just had my usual payment of ESA no extra. How long does the decision take too arrive and also will I get backdated and how long will the backdate take too be given? 

Thankyou  

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

As it has only been just over a week since you called it is too soon to expect it to be paid 

Like anything with dwp it can take a while , I would query it if it isn't in your next payment 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mickfrankie - I just wanted to welcome you to the community, as I see your query has been answered. Your SDP should be backdated to when you claimed PIP (which sounds like it was about a year ago).
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @mickfrankie

Welcome to the community, I'm glad to see your question was answered above, if there's anything else you want to know don't hesitate to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unlike many benefits SDP is fairly straight forward, you either qualify or you don't, if you hear nothing by the end of the week might be worth another quick call to them.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.