ESA - Service charges - claiming overspend — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA - Service charges - claiming overspend

spb1612
spb1612 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
I claim estate management service charges for my house for the upkeep of common areas.

I submit the figures to DWP annually when I receive the estimated charges bill in advance.

At the end of each year, I received the actual spend and there is always an overspend with year-end adjustment totalling about £80 a year, I never claimed this until recently, I used to pay it from my own pocket.

I wrote to the DWP about these charges in January and called them several times to chase it up, I sent a reminder letter in mid-March, but DWP say they will call me, but they never called me.

What can I do to claim this money?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Afraid the only answer is to keep calling until you speak to someone who knows what they are doing.
    Call as soon as they open when it's less busy and you don't have to hang on for an hour.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.