Hi I'm sew59! Some of my loved ones have experienced illness after having their coronavirus vaccines — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm sew59! Some of my loved ones have experienced illness after having their coronavirus vaccines

sew59
sew59 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Note from moderator: this post may contain unverified claims regarding side-effects of COVID-19 vaccines. You can find recognised side-effects of the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines on the respective gov.uk pages linked.

My three sisters and I have had Astra vaccine my sister and I both had Pfizer on 25th of February of this year my other two sisters had Astra they had there vaccine in march one on the third of march the other on the 19 march my sister felt rough for a couple of didn't feel right she started to feel breathless tired had pains all over her legs and feet swelled up she was admitted to hospital on 30th march fluid retention in her body she was poorly she was in hospital for week she still not right my other sister hadn't been feeling right since injection on the 19 march she went to hospital last week had tests was told she has angina she has never had heart trouble she's waiting to go to hospital for more tests sister who had Pfizer on 25 February with me she was had admitted into last week on the 20 April with unexplained back pain in her back and spine she couldn't laugh cough or sneeze without it really hurt  took her breath away they kept her in over night done a lot of tests all tests came back ok just waiting to go for a mri scan so from about from march my sisters haven't been well I felt it was not right three of them affected I asked all the doctors was it vaccine I was told I don't think it was but am not sure u was fine after my covid vaccine sorry for a long reply 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sew59 welcome to the forum,  sorry none of you are feeling well, its very hard to say if it is directly because of the vaccines, some people could have underlined health problems with out knowing.
    Its one of those, is it, isnt it situations. Hopefully you all feel better soon
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sew59 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry your sisters have had health issues. As mentioned above, this could just be coincidental. The good things is that they've been to hospital, & are being evaluated, & hopefully things improve soon. I'm pleased you were OK after your vaccination, as most people are. I had the AstraZeneca vaccine in March & just had a sore arm for a couple of days. Anyway, it's good to 'meet' you, & thank you for joining. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @sew59 :) Thanks for joining.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loved ones' recent ill health. How have you been coping?

As the others have said, their health problems are most likely unrelated to the coronavirus vaccine. I've added a disclaimer to the top of your post. You're not in any trouble, and it's fine to be concerned and ask the question, but we don't want to encourage any misinformation being spread about the coronavirus vaccine that may scare other members. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • sew59
    sew59 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Mike I have just reported it to the yellow card system thank you 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Good to see this thread being issued with a note from a moderator, I would hope that experiences posted by one member does not deter other members from having the vaccine both of which are far less dangerous than the virus.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I think (for what its worth) that all social media platforms and forums etc should not allow any mention of covid that isn't 100% verified, now I know that sometimes such verification is difficult, but imho we have to be careful not to frighten people off having their vaccine jabs.
    The bald facts are that 35 million have had 1st jab and 15 million both jabs most with very minor side effects that have usually only lasted a couple of days. Where as from 4.42 million cases in the UK 128,000 have so far sadly died.

As the Americans would say "Go do the math"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine I don't think it should be aired on forums this way any way  on the corona virus wales run by the government  something gets put on whatever the 1st minister has said then people comment things like that or you can ask a question 

Also on here you can't un see what has been said  but most of it has been on the news or in newspapers any way 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    People do get put on moderation Mike 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

Thanks for the article link Mike - great bit of satire that I think we can all (well I definitely can…) relate to, although just to make people aware there is one expletive towards the end to look out for.

Also - we do value all your comments around our moderation decisions, and I’ll be feeding these, and the issue of unsubstantiated covid content, back to the team for us to review our current position.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness