I have depression, anxiety, and maybe fibromyalgia. Anyone been awarded enhanced for the same thing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have depression, anxiety, and maybe fibromyalgia. Anyone been awarded enhanced for the same thing?

jules10
jules10 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,first time on here I had my pip assessment last week I’m really nervous about it,the woman seemed ok I guess..I have depression,severe anxiety,panic attacks and waiting to be seen to see if I have fibromyalgia through the severe pain I have all over…I do not go out with with out my son or daughter with me and don’t often go out cause ov my anxiety n pain just wondering has any one got enhanced for same thing. X 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome at @jules10 did you tell them how much these conditions effect you daily, hopefully you will hear something back soon.
  • jules10
    Hi Sandy.. yes told them ..just hope they listen x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You can request a copy of your report after 7 days 

It isn't the decision but will show you the recommended points and comments 

The dm in most cases goes with the report 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @jules10 :) 

Different people with the same diagnoses can be awarded different levels of PIP, as it's about how your conditions affects you rather than the diagnoses themselves. Were you able to fully explain and give evidence for how your conditions affect you during your assessment and form? 

As Janer1967 has said, you can ask for a copy of your report after about a week. 

Try not to worry too much about it now, as you'll have to wait and see what your result is. 

Are you accessing any support for your mental health at the moment? 

Just so you're aware, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and renamed it so that others can find it more easily.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • jules10
    Hi well I tried to tell her, but then she would ask another question,I suffer bad with ibs which she didn’t even mention I have drinks n meds for,so only thing I can do is wait thank you for your reply’s x 
  • jules10
    I got a text this morning saying they’ve recirved written report,not even a week after assessment,is this normal. X
  • Tori_Scope
    Yes, I believe that's normal @jules10. Once the assessor's report has been sent to the DWP, you can ask for a copy of your report as outlined above. This won't be a guarantee of the award you'll get, but decision makers do often go with the assessor's report. 

• jules10
    Got my report they’ve said my anxiety is ok I don’t need help gave me 0 for both im going out ov my mind with worry don’t no wot to do ??
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Please try not to worry @jules10 - you still have to wait for the actual decision letter which can take several weeks, so do try to put it out of your mind for now. If the decision letter isn't as you hope, then you can ask another decision maker to look at everything again, this is called a Mandatory Reconsideration. Just kindly let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • jules10
    Thank you it’s so hard trying not to think about it, if it’s the same and do mr wot happens then if that isn’t successful ?.. my minds doing overtime with it all.Carnt believe they can lie like they do. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    If a MR doesn't change anything, then you can appeal to a tribunal (currently done by phone). Tribunals are used to the assessor's reports not being up to much, & just would want to hear from yourself. Tribunals have a very good success rate. The motto being, don't worry about the assessor's report! :)
  • jules10
    Ok thank you I’ll wait for the actual letter and go from there x. 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Hi @jules10. I’m so sorry that you scored 0, but wait for the actual letter with the decision. You could take this time to prepare for a MR, if one is needed. I know how nerve wracking it all is, I’m waiting on a decision after having the assessment. Take care
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear your report wasn't what you hoped for and as advised wait for the decision  as it may be d7fferent 

Having the report gives you a bit of time to prepare the MR if you ars going to appeal 

• jules10
    hi  and thank you, yes it is I feel so sick with it all..
    Good luck with yours n thank u x 
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm sorry to hear that @jules10. As the others have said, try not to worry about it too much and wait until the award letter arrives. If it'd help to reduce your anxiety a little, you can read about challenging PIP decisions here on the Scope website. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @jules10

As others have mentioned, it's best to wait until the letter. But if you do end up having to appeal you might wish to seek some representation to support you through the process, Advice Local is a good place to look for help and you coudl also speak with your local Welfare Rights.

Do you have techniques in place to effectively manage your mental health at a time like this? You might find this page from Mind helpful which contains coping methods.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • natasha1776
    natasha1776 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi I’m new here, but I also have depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, ibs, migraines, and under active thyroid. Witch I take medication for them all. I decided to apply in jan, had my assessment over the phone witch went so poor because I struggle to explain what I’m trying to say and so forgetful too. I got awarded 4 on both eliments and I’m not trying to do an apeal. I totally know how hard it is it’s making me I’ll all the time ? xxx
  • jules10
    Hi yes I’m the same with migraines ibs unstable personality disorder I got my letter from pip 0 on all ov it,it’s bad enough going through wot we go through everyday n they just add to it with there lies?x
  • natasha1776
    natasha1776 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Totally agree the best of it, my dr agrees with me and supports me on the claim but then haven’t asked her for anything. Yet an assessor knows me with in 50 mins ?‍♀️? it’s bad enough like you say with our struggles I feel trapped in a body my mind wants to do everything but my body can’t do it ? xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.