Moan about parcel delivery man — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moan about parcel delivery man

MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
A little moan really..

I moved house at the end of March and I had household stuff I needed to buy and/or replace. 

Online shopping is easier and at the moment safer I feel. 

I was disappointed with the Hermes delivery man as he made a comment on Friday gone, something on the lines of “oh I’m always here how many parcels have you got coming?”. 

I admit he was at mine delivering every day that week. 

However, without mine and other peoples orders he wouldn’t have a job. 

I felt like saying that to him but I kept quiet. 

I just felt irritated because I shouldn’t be questioned about my spending. 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I am irritated with hermes as I was expecting a parcel yesterday it was comeing between 2 and 3pm I was looking out for him my door didn't  knock I gave up at 5pm this morning I had a message parcel deleiverd to neighbor at 3pm  doesn't say which neighbor  I don't think he came at all because I was sitting out the front around that time so now I need to find out which neighbor before I can phone anyone 
  • MarkM88
    I would knock on the neighbours and try locate it as Hermes are notoriously difficult to deal with. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    I try avoid hermes, he kept shouting at door, delivery for and door number, so whole street heard  :| mainly because it does take me 10 mins to get to door. Same with amazon they've usually got back in their van before I get to door and parcel on the step. Royal mail tends to leave it on door step but keeps an eye on it, delivering his letters till I get to it, think he knows its takes me longer as he waves after i get it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    He was probably just joking?  Unless you live at the top of several flights of stairs lol...  :#

I have another moan about deliveries though.  I have an enclosed entrance stairway for myself and the next door flat.  Many delivery drivers are not wearing a face covering to enter it and I feel they're putting us at extra covid risk.  I don't generally answer the door (can't deal with people and trust my neighbour not to nick my parcels) but a few times I've bought large items or something needing a signature or age verification and had no choice but to answer...  I get that if your front door is directly outside there's plenty of airflow but that's not the case here.  It's been various different couriers as well, not just one company.
  • MarkM88
    To be honest it was hard to tell if he was joking or not but its quite off putting when someone says something like that, well I feel like it is anyway. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    No one seems to know where my parcel is lol after 8 phone calls and two complaints 
  • MarkM88
    edited May 2021
    If it can’t be located I advise contacting the sender as it is them that have the contract with Hermes so it’s only them that could make a claim from them. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    The company have done that now so waiting for hermes  now 

Brightness