Spinal problem i think — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spinal problem i think

Options
Ginajones
Ginajones Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi was just wondering if anyone has experienced pinching burning and electric shock buzzing  all the way down spine 
Normally get trapped nerve feeling in neck on and off but it seems to be traveling and my neck pain is bad at the mo but also my lower back is painful too 
I also get pins and needles in legs arms and face 
Daily
Spams in toes that bend and lock  for a short time its very painful 
Painful joints and still cannot feel the top of my left  foot 
Went to my neurology appointment and she thinks its 2 problems 
Migraine ( pins and needles in face ) which ive had for 6 years 
And a spinal problem which shes sending me for a full spinal mri for (hasnt arrived yet tho ) and i had to wait 6 months to see Neurologist
But have been experiencing feelings down spine which are normally just in my neck 
Had this problem for well over six years now if not longer when i think back 

Anyone experienced this before any info would be great thank you x 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ginajones I'm sorry to read about the symptoms you've been experiencing, unfortunately we are not medical professionals therefore we cannot advise or suggest as to what the cause might be. However, many members of the community, including myself, do have a variety of neurological conditions/struggle with nerve pain, and we would be happy to share our experiences with you :)

I have Sensory Ataxia, Transverse Myelitis, severe nerve damage and peripheral neuropathy, the combination of them all leave me with symptoms such as: altered sensations in my hands and sometimes around my body, nerve damage throughout my body, peripheral neuropathy causes painful electric type stings in my feet and legs, also with numbness and tingling.

I hope you don't have to wait to long for your spinal MRI :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ginajones
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Ami2301 im so sorry to hear of your symptoms  must be a struggle for you 
    if you dont mind me asking how long did you get your symptoms for before you were dx and how did they find our you had this condition ?? I appreciate the feed back !! X 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    No problem @Ginajones :)

My peripheral neuropathy began in 2009 and I wasn't diagnosed with it until either 2014/2015 - I only found out when my vitamin b12 had to be checked often and I was reading up about the deficiency, when I came across that peripheral neuropathy and vitamin b12 deficiency are linked, so I spoke to my GP about what I found and asked if this was what i had been experiencing in my legs and feet, and she said yes. (Would have been nice to have been told sooner rather than finding out myself!)

Sensory Ataxia symptoms started around mid 2017, and Transverse Myelitis is believed to have started in September 2017. During a 5 day stay at the neurology hospital in London, along with other tests, but for the two diagnoses were found by a full body and spinal mri, nerve tests and a lumbar puncture.
  • Ginajones
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Ahh i see x i agree would of been nice if doc could of told you sooner my symptoms have been long winded too x hope this mri comes soon !! Hopefully will shed some light on it !!! And thank you so much again x take care 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    You're welcome and I really hope it provides some answers for you, keep us updated! :)
  • Ginajones
    Options
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,861 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ginajones good luck, with your MRI hopefully you can see what's going on then and get some treatments. Keep us updated.
  • Ginajones
    Options
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, an MRI will show any spinal problems, hopefully. It does  sound like a trapped nerve.
    Hope you find relief soon.
    Pollyxx
  • Ginajones
    Options
    Hi im still waiting for MRI at the mo fingers crossed xx thank you so much for your reply x 

Brightness