Companies that don’t listen - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Companies that don’t listen

Options
2»

Comments

• marybottomley
    marybottomley Community member Posts: 887 Pioneering
    Options
    The company doing what they say when they say they will do it and not mess us around 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Without knowing the product or even the company it's extremely difficult to advise further, although I fully understand why someone would not name the company here there is no harm in saying what the product is. In some cases if you have a problem you would expect them to visit you to check, with smaller items you might expect to have to return it.
    If you are still struggling to get your problem resolved my final piece of advice would be to find the time to look up who to contact.
    Good luck.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• marybottomley
    Options
    It’s a laptop by John Lewis 
  • woodbine
    Options

• marybottomley
    Options
    Thank you I will contact them tomorrow 
  • marybottomley
    Options
    I have contacted the company but still struggling with them
  • marybottomley
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for replying to this
  • woodbine
    Options
    @marybottomley sorry in what way are you still struggling with them, if we knew we might have some answers for you?

• marybottomley
    Options
    Not being given the correct information or being listened too
    also Not having things exploded in the way you need to do things
  • Supernanma
    Supernanma Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    Options
    Yes, I was clearly suited to a job in finding foster parents. However as the interview came to an end, she asked, what will you do if you have a bad say? I said probably the same as you, put my head down  and maybe be quiet. She then said on manic days would you not completely lose the plot, even a knife was brought up! It was discusting. The other place was a company called Equiniti, I gave had 4 lots of surgery on my spine. Told that to them on my interview. Told them I needed a special chair. The company then decided it wanted ANYONE out who had been ill. The whole office was told not to talk to me at all. It was the most hideous thing to go through. I think they were responsible for the start of my mental health problems. They didn't get me out, because I was too damned clever! I was the only one. I left, because these people clearly were not for me. To do that to any human being is cruel. 
  • marybottomley
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience but my situation is that my laptop has broken and the company has been giving me the run around and it wasn’t until yesterday they eventually gave me the correct information and I had to post it today including paying the postage
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Options
    Sadly, John Lewis has cut a lot of its customer care, and forgets the maxim "you get what you pay for"..
    For years I paid for banking with a small private bank.  Friends thought I was mad! But, aged  75, the Bank gave me free banking and looks after me.  During lockdown the bank manager phoned to see how I am about every two months.  He was horrified that I hadn't been able to find out if I could have the vaccine.  Next day, there was a phone call to say a Zoom call had been arranged (for free) with one of the top experts so he could go through my medical history.  And he was able to tell me how I could have the vaccine and where.  So I now look at the potential benefits, before deciding if I should buy anything cheaply.  And JohnLewis should realise that many of us were happy to pay extra if it meant good customer care. 

Brightness