How long after a slt assessment you get results of a diagnosis? — Scope | Disability forum

How long after a slt assessment you get results of a diagnosis?

System
System Posts: 636

Scope community team

Comments

• pamela87
    pamela87 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Does anyone know how long after a slt assessment you get results of a diagnosis I was told all information would go to Pediatrition and I would find out them 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,708

Scope community team

Hi @pamela87 :) I just wanted to split off this comment that you made, and create a new discussion, as I felt it warranted its own post.

I'm not sure that there's a set timescale, and it might depend on a couple of factors. How long have you been waiting?
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • pamela87
    Not long only a week I think the assessment use to be done with 2 people on room now it’s only one because of COVID I was told the person who done slt assessment couldn’t give me a diagnosis as they have to take all the information and the finding from assessment to be able to give diagnosis 
  • Tori_Scope

Scope community team

It can take a little while @pamela87. There'll often be a few professionals involved, such as the paediatrician, who'll collate their notes and so on. As you've said, they'll need to gather together all of the information they've collected in order to be able to give a diagnosis.

There's no harm in giving your paediatrician a call to check that they've received the notes and ask whether they know when you might hear back though. Do you have their contact details? 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• pamela87
    Yes I do have details I called earlier I’m waiting to here back 
  • Tori_Scope

Scope community team

I see, well fingers crossed they'll get back to you soon @pamela87. How are you coping in the meantime? I know that waiting to hear back about a diagnosis can be a stressful time for many parents.

• pamela87
    It’s has been stressful my son was flagged up at his 2 year review he went on to see a Pediatrition who then referred him witch took 18 months now just waiting for diagnosis and report hopefully not long 

Brightness