pension and council tax — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pension and council tax

Options
cliffc
cliffc Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi i.ve just started with my state pension i dont have any saving  or second pesion my state pension is the full amount what i would like to know what council tax should i be paying any help would be welcome

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Use a benefits calculator to check.
    https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/calculate-your-benefits

If your only income is your state pension your local water company may offer a discount on your water bills.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You maybe entitled to pension credit or pension savings credit depending how much your SRP IS
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    woodbine said:
    You maybe entitled to pension credit or pension savings credit depending how much your SRP IS
    If he has only recently reached pension age there will not be any entitlement to savings credit because it has not existing for people reaching pension age since April 2016.

if the state pension is the full new state pension amount as stated there will not be any guarantee pension credit entitlement either (unless there are extra premiums to be included in the calculation) 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes sorry I always forget there has been a change !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.