PIP Claim Stopped due to late returned form - help please! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Claim Stopped due to late returned form - help please!

Options
MorningLightMountain
MorningLightMountain Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I'm new here and could use some advice.

I was told last year that my PIP had been extended until mid-2022. Earlier this year I got a renewal form, asking me about changes. I was late returning the form and got an extension from the DWP. as I had a hard time getting ahold of medical evidence due to Covid seemingly taking everything over. I did send the form, but two days later than the new cutoff date, though. Today I received a letter telling me my claim has been stopped due to not receicing the form, yet it was weeks ago when I sent it and they should've received it by now. I tried to get in touch with them today and was on hold for 2 hours until they cut me off.

What can I expect? Do you think they will re-enable the claim once they find the form or after a mandatory reconsideration? Will the claim be closed, meaning I'll have to start an entirely new claim? I'm going to try and get in touch with them tomorrow but sometimes it's next to impossible to get someone to answer and I'm rather worried/anxious now.

Thank you.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @MorningLightMountain welcome to scope, how are you this evening? Did you get proof of posting from the PO? I seem to recall that they have been giving everybody 3 months to return the forms due to covid.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MorningLightMountain
    Options
    Hello woodbine!

I'm not sure if I was as clear as I could be. I asked for an extension on the form and received it but after that, it was accidentally sent two days after the due date by my wife (because we were waiting on supporting letters from my consultants) who normally handles my benefits and, sadly, only sent it back to the DWP in the pre-paid envelope they sent us as we were incredibly short on money that week.

I don't know if they'll consider a mandatory reconsideration or if they'll totally close my claim and I'll have to start from scratch.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    for future reference "proof of posting" is free and it's all you need for anything your send the DWP, anything that you pay for is a waste of money.
    Was this, this year as you should have been given 3 months to return the forms.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MorningLightMountain
    edited June 2021
    Options
    woodbine said:
    for future reference "proof of posting" is free and it's all you need for anything your send the DWP, anything that you pay for is a waste of money.
    Was this, this year as you should have been given 3 months to return the forms.
    Yes, it was this year but I also let my mental health get the better of me and couldn't face filling out the form until the last minute.
  • Swatteam
    Swatteam Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    I received my review papers for pip on Saturday 5th June. They have to be in by 26th of June. The date when the forms were sent was 26th May. Thats 10 days less than a month plus with covid and trying to get any evidence from hospitals, doctors etc its like a nightmare. So I thought they were giving people 3 months to send them back ? 
  • realestate
    realestate Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    edited June 2021
    Options
    They are giving 3months more to send them back. If you need more help bro then you can check out [Removed by moderator - irrelevant advertising link]
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @realestate,

Just to let you know, I've removed the link from your comment as it appeared to be irrelevant to the thread, and advertising a paid service. This breaches our house rules

Sorry that this was missed @Swatteam. Did you manage to get the papers and evidence sorted in time?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • realestate
    realestate Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Tori_Scope

Thank you for informing me about this, but tbh that wasn't a paid service at all. I am just trying to help people by giving that link.
  • Swatteam
    Swatteam Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    @Tori_Scope thanks i did send my forms in 5 days before their date .Unfortunately I didn't get medical info I wanted from my gp as the hospital are so slow on passing info on. I was told to get back onto my hospital surgeon to request info ..His secretary is going mad that I can't get any help off my gp,but I was told to put his name down to ring them .so I have done that ..ill just wait and see what happens next. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.