Legacy Housing benefit appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Legacy Housing benefit appeal

Options
Peter99
Peter99 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
I am at a loss as to the reasoning of my local council. In 2012, an email clearly headed 'APPEAL' was sent to them by email. They failed to lodge at the Tribunal and they are now saying they took the email as a request for reconsideration because they thought that was what I meant. At the time, they did not ask me to clarify my intention and they did not inform me that they were reconsidering their decision. Even after their reconsideration and not changing their decision, they still did not inform me despite having my contact email and knowing fully well I was out of the Country.
They are now objecting to the Tribunal admitting the appeal because they think it is out of time.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well it is a long time ago nine years.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Peter99
    Options
    @woodbine
    Yes it is a very long time ago but they caused the delay by failure to inform. They have no right to object to the admission of the appeal.
  • Peter99
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Thanks Mike. I like your use of words. I have learned so much from you over the years. 
    Back to the topic, it will be unreasonable for the Council to claim they are acting in my best interest for hesitating to lodge appeals at HMCTS. The header 'APPEAL' is obvious. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.