Holidays — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Holidays

MsAgain
MsAgain Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Have you stopped booking holidays abroad because of all the hassle you have to go through. Also holidays for disable are so bloomin expensive.
Tagged:

Comments

• Yurei
    Yurei Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I haven't stopped yet but then I am only 25 it's become a running joke within my circle of friends the hassle of waiting for my chair after a flight the numerous issues at various airport's security or hell the difficulty of getting into pubs and clubs abroad.

Fortunately my friends and I have a system of 'we'll make this work one way on another' which has created some hilarious stories and a couple of possibly dangerous situations but it's all fun. (for now)

As I don't specifically book holidays for disabled though I cant comment on those.
  • PhilG111
    PhilG111 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    I found that using Disable Accessible holidays website, is useful but stupidly expensive. I actually found the same accommodation thru Booking.com for at least £400 cheaper, and that's with the insurance. sure I had to contact the property direct to make sure we had accessible accommodation. The only thing that was a bit of a bug was the Transport, since we had to dig around for accessible vehicles. That was to go Abroad.
    Haven't used them for Uk holidays yet though.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Cancelled last years holiday just as lockdown 1 started, won't be going abroad this year not sure I fancy being in a metal tube with 300 people for 5 hours.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Not worth the risk of going abroad or booking with recent example of Portugal one minute it's green next its not 
    We have booked for UK but was hard to find anything suitable only 2 options left and the prices are just a joke but need a break 

Brightness