When did you leave school/education ? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When did you leave school/education ?

2»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not a requirement in wales  my partners family members have just left at 16 and doing nothing alot of kids in wales leave at 16 some do go to college  but not all 

Probably why we have alot of teenage crime 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I left school when I was 16 with 11 GCSE's. I've always struggled, even to this day, to find a subject or career that I would like to pursue.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ami2301 I never knew what I wanted to do either, I often think that people who do when young are very lucky. The only thing I ever really wanted was freedom and I did mange a degree of that in my working lifetime but I never had a job I loved doing and I never met many people who did. 

I wouldnt give up though as I believe there’s always a chance something extraordinary can pop up, especially when you try different things, things happen. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @leeCal I hope so too :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • kev1
    kev1 Community member Posts: 613 Pioneering
    I did not fare too well at school and was very happy to leave at 15 years and 1 month old. Left school and the next week I was working in BHS. Every qualification I have I as been through further eduction colleges.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    im 40 and have gone back to uni to do my masters in social work
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I left school 'Secondary Modern' at 15ys old, with no qualifications, I enjoyed school to a point, but like most back then hated maths. I started as a welder / fabricator two weeks after leaving. On £4.17p (Old Money) a week. Really for 40hrs.
    ?‍♂️ It was then I started to learn in the University of life. Surprising myself just how good I really was at maths when I had to use it in a more physical sense. Working from drawings and plans ECT.
    At 35 I became the supervisor, at 45 The Manager. Then left it all behind to become a Youth Support Worker and got a few qualifications from that. 'A' level's and such. Retired a 55 and loving every minute of it. ?
  • Durhamjaide
    Durhamjaide Scope Member Posts: 428 Courageous
    I left school on 2017
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    edited September 2021
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    16.. what seemed to a great new life in front of me, I would gladly go back to full time education. Even though I have probl

Brightness