I never received an esa50 form. I've been told they might have used my PIP form instead? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I never received an esa50 form. I've been told they might have used my PIP form instead?

bobt10
bobt10 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
i got told i should of received an esa50 form to fill out never received yet after numerous conversations with them they said they have received one from me phoned them back yesterday lady i spoke to said they coulld have used my PIP form which PIP receive 25/01/21 appeal gone to pip condition changed
how can the ESA do this as my medical condition gone worse and i need to send my own statement n medical reports
advice ta

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I think someone is getting confused thinking they have your form when it is your PIP form they have 

You are right they are different benefits with different criteria and should be treated as such which is normally the case 

I don't know the solution other than maybe asking to speak to a case manager rather than a call handler 
  • bobt10
    bobt10 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    just been on phone again to ESA to get right of access for form to be sent back but they dont have access to form some company called CHARDER  have my information what a load of 

• bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    They can not use your esa form for pip or vice versa. Esa is to see if you are fit to work and pip is how your illness affects your day to day living. So they are two different assessments. However someone I know who works for the DWP has told me both will cross reference the other assessment to make sure they match up with what you are saying. 

For example I know someone with hip problems who was deemed unfit for work at her WCA for esa but failed her pip when they proved at assessment she could move better than what she was saying... they then changed her esa decision to fit to work..... it should be said that this was her own fault as she walked out of the pip assessment and did a little dance outside!! 

But they can not make a WCA decision based on your pip as it has different criteria. Hope this helps. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.