pip And pension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip And pension

roots45
roots45 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
my PIP is due to end in november. and i know claim my pensiion. . i got enhanced rate of pip  at tribunal 2 years ago. in now got my forms Already to fill in. they to be in by 8th of july . i only recieved on 17th of june .why do i have to fill these  forms again . i though it would just carry on.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    When you were given your tribunal award it would have been for a fixed period. The dates will have been on the decision notice you received. Your existing award will stop on that date unless a new award has been made bythat time. You need to fill in the forms in order to be reassessed to see if a new award can be made.

You can ring and ask for a two week extension on the return date.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • roots45
    roots45 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    the fixed period is till november 19th . i got the forms they already sent me . if i dont get them back by 8th of july . they said my money would stop. i only got  forms on17th of june . which means that less than 3 weeks to get them filled in..

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Just my suggestion and I'm no expert or anything but I'm pretty sure if you call the pip helpline and explain you didn't get the forms until 17th and let them know you are going to struggle to get it all down and sent back in that time frame they should give you a bit of extra time? Or put notes on computer to explain at least? So I personally would phone them probably better to do that before 2pm I've found if I try after that I'm on hold hours? :smile: good luck with it all @roots45 and I hope it is a simpler process this time! 
  • calcotti
    roots45 said:
    the fixed period is till november 19th . i got the forms they already sent me . if i dont get them back by 8th of july . they said my money would stop. i only got  forms on17th of june . which means that less than 3 weeks to get them filled in..
    As advised in my earlier post, if you ring them they will give you an extra two weeks.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    Emilyb81 said: ..Or put notes on computer to explain at least? 
    You're thinking of UC. PIP is not a digital benefit so you can't put notes on a computer.
  • Emilyb81
    Oh OK I haven't claimed UC before I just thought when you called any benefits number they would put notes or say you called etc on system at least? But probably expecting too much as usual! :disappointed: I said I'm no expert see? :lol: 
    Its good they give people the extra 2 weeks though! I do think explaining the situation is best thing to do :smile: hope you manage to get things sorted out @roots45 and thankyou @calcotti ???
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    For tribunal awards they have to send out the renewal application 14 weeks before the end of the award, that will hopefully give them time to do the assessment etc before your current award ends.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    Emilyb81 said:
    Oh OK I haven't claimed UC before I just thought when you called any benefits number they would put notes or say you called etc on system at least? 
    I misunderstood your post. I thought you were suggesting OP put notes directly on the computer system. You are right that if you ring DWP they should make a note of their conversation with you on the system.
  • Emilyb81
    calcotti said:
    Emilyb81 said:
    Oh OK I haven't claimed UC before I just thought when you called any benefits number they would put notes or say you called etc on system at least? 
    I misunderstood your post. I thought you were suggesting OP put notes directly on the computer system. You are right that if you ring DWP they should make a note of their conversation with you on the system.
    Sorry @calcotti didn't mean to quote the whole lot just your part underneath! Still getting used to things....
    Probably me not explaining properly ? but good to know there is a record of some sort when you spend so long on these calls trying to get things addressed it's getting longer each time I phone up! ??‍♀️ I promised myself I would not moan today so I will stop there and save it for tomorrow lol! 
    :smile: Have a fab weekend peeps! 
  • Emilyb81
    Oh didn't show up anyway nevermind! ??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.