UC & LCWRA entitlement if in a nursing care home. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC & LCWRA entitlement if in a nursing care home.

Dash1982
Dash1982 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi, sadly my 38 year old son had a cardiac arrest  & suffered a hypoxia brain injury September 20 & is now severely disabled with complex needs. He is due to be discharged soon from a rehabilitation hospital to a neurological rehabilitation unit in a nursing care home. He is currently receiving UC & LCWRA ( I am his appointee). Can anyone advise if he will continue to receive these -his care is to be fully funded NHS Continuing Health Care. I thought I would ask here before informing the DWP of this change  as I had endless incorrect information from their contact centre staff before finally becoming an appointee & getting my son the benefits he has. Thank you. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    UC including LCWRA will continue.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Dash1982
    Thank you for that. After having such trouble getting correct information to be made an appointee ( took months before DWP finally managed to deal with things correctly). Then I had to appeal commencement date - was going to tribunal before  DWP conceded their errors. Didn’t want to have to endure anymore unnecessary stress with DWP contact centre staff who seemingly are not very good at their job - or at least the ones I encountered. 

I will inform them via my journal once my sons discharge date is agreed. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Dash1982

I'm glad your question was answered above, and a warm welcome to the community :) 

Sorry to hear about what you and your son have been through in recent times, but I'm glad to hear that he appears to be getting all the support he needs for his recovery
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dash1982

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.