I have some mental health conditions. What's the chance I'll get PIP? How long does it take? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have some mental health conditions. What's the chance I'll get PIP? How long does it take?

Options
steve54321
steve54321 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all , I have been diagnosed recently by my mental health doctor for paranoid scitzaphrenia , but have been diagnosed before 10 years with anxiety depression and paranoid scitzaphrenia , 10 months ago I had a pip assessment on the phone due to the lockdown, they failed me ,yet I was on pip benefits for a numerous of years , I don't really go out side due to having panic attacks ,, I sent my pip forms of 1 week ago with a support letter from my GP regarding my diagnosed paranoid scitzaphrenia Wich I'm on a injection every fortnite resperdol 25 mg ,, and on sertaline 50mg daily ,, I'm really worried the pip will get rejected again ,, I don't like asking for help , but I literally have no one , isolated myself from everyone,, what's the chance I will get pip ,and how long does it take after sending forms off .
Thank you for taking up your time to read this.

Comments

• steve54321
    steve54321 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi all , I have been diagnosed recently by my mental health doctor for paranoid scitzaphrenia , but have been diagnosed before 10 years with anxiety depression and paranoid scitzaphrenia , 10 months ago I had a pip assessment on the phone due to the lockdown, they failed me ,yet I was on pip benefits for a numerous of years , I don't really go out side due to having panic attacks ,, I sent my pip forms of 1 week ago with a support letter from my GP regarding my diagnosed paranoid scitzaphrenia Wich I'm on a injection every fortnite resperdol 25 mg ,, and on sertaline 50mg daily ,, I'm really worried the pip will get rejected again ,, I don't like asking for help , but I literally have no one , isolated myself from everyone,, what's the chance I will get pip ,and how long does it take after sending forms off .
    Thank you for taking up your time to read this.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm afraid you could be in for a long wait 

A member posted the other day that they had spoken to dwp and had been informed that the whole process could currently take 10 months approx 

People who applied in Dec are still awaiting assessments 

Of course you could be a lucky one 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @steve54321

Welcome to the community, great to see you here :) 

The process is being delayed quite a bit at the moment, and waiting times are longer than usual, but you never know you might end up being a lucky one as mentioned above. 

Do you have all the support you need for your mental health? And do you have coping techniques in place for times like these? Please do your best to relax and maybe do a hobby or interest to take your mind off things, although I do understand that these processes can be stressful.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • erangeyj
    erangeyj Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    I highly recommend drawing relaxers the mind could be really beneficial to you at the moment 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.