Time away. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Time away.

Options
2»

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome back 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome back hope your feeling a bit better how is your mother in law doing 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you’re back @woodbine ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome back hope your feeling a bit better how is your mother in law doing 
    @lisathomas50 it's quite odd really she hasn't eaten for 3 weeks or drank anything for 2 weeks, they have basically stopped doing anything for her, it's possible if she is still here mid week that they will send her back to the care home. One minute she was on end of life care then pallative care, when asked if she was stable the doctor said "no she's still dying"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @woodbine my mum goes weeks without drinking and eating then starts again she has been on palliative care twice and survived dementia is a complicated thing she might pick up again you never know 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @woodbine with my mum she started eating and drinking again but have to give it to her they need to try and see if she will start drinking again then try sloppy food 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine with my mum she started eating and drinking again but have to give it to her they need to try and see if she will start drinking again then try sloppy food 
    Sadly the part of her brain that tells her to swallow has shut down, all her major organs are now starting to fail, it won't be long now. :'(
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thinking of you and sm best of wishes 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @woodbine sorry to hear that its awful because it causes so much upset my mum is moveing back with me in July I have found a PA who will come in and stay with her the two nights I work mum has to pay anyway 

The rest of the week I will look after her my mum is 86 I may try and see if I can find a volunteer to take her out on Tuesdays or stay with her in the house to chat or something so I have time to see my partner I will see how it goes ?

My thoughts are with you and I am here if you need me 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness