becoming a tv writer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

becoming a tv writer

writerrob1970
writerrob1970 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi my name is writerob1970 and i am wishing to become a television writer i have written the play and I'm trying to get it on the television.  The play is about euthanasia see there is a 53 year old man who get MS and his sons bullies him into euthanasia because there is the 1st independent govern in the UK and the prime minister Steven Blackstock makes it legal for a mercy killing to happen    The sick man is called Brian Jenkins and his son is called Scott. Scott says that he won't look after his dad and that he can't expect his grandkids to look after him 
the new government has disbanded the  health service and put all the money saved into his own bank account so there are a minimum of public service   This is all reported be Telly news a new newsroom on cable and satellite television  The prime minister is based on a cartoon character from American Dad called Stan Smith who thinks that he is thee most important person to have ever existed 

I would like to know if anybody could help me accomplish this goal Thank for reading this 
from 
thomas (Removed, full name) age 51

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,777 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hi @writerrob1970 welcome and good luck, i have a link for you that would be of interest.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/send-a-script
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    @writerrob1970 good evening and a warm welcome to scope, the only observation I would make if i'm honest is that such a play has to have some connection with reallity, and the electoral system we have makes it impossible for an independant govt. to be elected.
    But I wish you luck with the project.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Personally I think it sounds great and has no requirement to relate to reality at all, in fact its all the better for it, more interest, more avenues of story threads to explore such as society without free health, or euthansia in the uk where its currently illegal but not unknown in European countries.
    I was already drawn into it by your synopsis!
    The idea of seeing through the eyes  of the  news is znother interesting technique.
    Please let us kniw how you get on with it and dont give up .

Brightness