Hi, I'm gadele! I've been successful at PIP tribunal. How long does it take to receive arrears? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm gadele! I've been successful at PIP tribunal. How long does it take to receive arrears?

gadele
gadele Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had a tribunal hearing last Thursday and received my decision award sat , I contacted the dwp  Monday afternoon and they confirmed they also had the award notice and asked for my bank details to confirm and if I have had any hospital stays etc , how long after all this have you received payment or your letter stating back pay amount ? 

Thanks. 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

If they have asked you those questions it shouldn't be too long 

You will get an award letter but may find money is in your account before you get the letter 
  • gadele
    gadele Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

If they have asked you those questions it shouldn't be too long 

You will get an award letter but may find money is in your account before you get the letter 
    Hi thank you so much ! this have been a long stressful battle since 2019 .... I feel so glad it’s over now and an award is given ! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gadele - & welcome to the community. Hope it's not too long until you receive your monies, & congratulations on your tribunal win. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gadele and congratulations on the successful outcome of your tribunal.  I can imagine that was a thorough relief, especially having been ongoing since 2019.  Well done you for not giving up  :)

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category and tweaked the title to help others see what your post is about.  Please keep us updated with any news and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.