Feeling so sad not being employed because of my mental illness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling so sad not being employed because of my mental illness

Options
cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
Even tho my partner and my nurse tell me I shouldn’t work I always look for little cleaning Jobs even tho part of me knows I shouldn’t be working because stress causes my anxiety then the anxiety turns into pychosis . 

I’m feeling down because when I was in hospital I was offered this little cleaning job which I turned Down . now my meds side effects have changed  and I’m starting to feel better I messaged the lady bout the cleaning job got told I had the job and then was sent over all the medical questionnaire pack and I was honest wrote down I suffer with mental illnesses and what’s meds I’m on and then all of a sudden the admin emails me telling me they have changed there mines no reason . 

I know that them seeing I have a nurse and the meds I’m on put them off it just makes me so sad . I have always been pro telling other disabled people’s you should tell employers upfront about your disability but the next job I go for that’s if I do apply for any more local cleaning jobs I won’t be mentioning my illness at all I’m feeling so down just feel laughed at by these people . 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 hi sorry you are feeling as you do, but your health and welfare must always become before working, due to my health I had to stop working at the age of 38, some 24 years ago, took some adjusting to.
    Take care
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    @woodbine. Thanks for your kind words yes it does take some adjusting too I find it hard to accept how poorly iam . I just want to be like how I was before mental illness . 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m sure you’ll be better one day @cupcake88 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness