Hi, I'm Beverlyreed1969! I was owed money by pip but they have taken it off what I owe income sup — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Beverlyreed1969! I was owed money by pip but they have taken it off what I owe income sup

Options
Beverlyreed1969
Beverlyreed1969 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was owed money by pip but they have taken it off what I owe income support am I right in thinking they are not allowed to take my PIP ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

They always try and recover debts from any backdated money 

Did you have a payment plan in place to repay the debt ? Were you aware of the debt 

I would advise you to contact welfare rights to see what they suggest
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Beverlyreed1969

Welcome to the community, how are you today? 

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category, you might wish to browse there for similar situations to yours, that can sometimes help people feel better and help shed some light on aspects of the process. 

I hope that the above comment has been helpful, as mentioned it's quite common that they try to recover any debts. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Beverlyreed1969
    Beverlyreed1969 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Beverlyreed1969 hi and welcome from me, fraid they are entitled to take back money owed, even if they have to wait until you draw your state pension, at least the debt will be paid off.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.