Mystery number PIP /DWP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mystery number PIP /DWP

Options

Comments

• Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    Options
    @DEE9999 that's a shame.  That said, I'd agree with others the likelihood of the call having been from DWP is extremely remote, particularly when no message was left.   
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is that the same as your own 
  • DEE9999
    DEE9999 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    @janer1967 sorry, don't understand what you mean. All mobiles start with 07 and then will have different numbers after.... ?
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @DEE9999 I just wanted to say recently I have missed a couple of calls from random mobile numbers and they don't take incoming calls and yesterday I answered one as I am waiting for dwp to contact me about MR? And it's one of those scam calls about owing tax hence them not taking incoming calls? So it may be something similar? When I had a call in past from pip I missed they left voice message giving me a number to contact them on? And I really do think if it was dwp they would leave some kind of message to let you know? So as hard as it is to relax in these situations if you are unable to phone and check with them then they will either call you back or send a letter I just hate seeing you so stressed I genuinely feel that they would tell you if it was them :smile:
  • janer1967
    Options
    Yes I know they all start with 07 

All I am saying are the rest of the numbers apart from the 07 and the last 2 the same as your own number 

Don't worry it is only a known scam going around was just wondering if this was the case 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 561 Pioneering
    Options
    DEE9999 said:
    @Leigh14 no not really. Going to come off now as some people saying i should call pip but i keep saying o can't as not well and it's making me panic more now as i felt OK after your last message. 
    You don’t need to call them honestly. Please don’t feel you have to leave the forum. Hope you’re ok.
  • DEE9999
    Options
    @Leigh14 I tried to call them but 15 minutes later they still weren't answering and my head is pounding and my anxiety worse, plus they want me to answer a survey at the end and gave option 1 to opt in and 2 to opt out, i pressed 2 to opt out, it cut me off so had to call back again so i pressed 1 to opt in and 40 minutes later still waiting so i gave up. I simply can't speak to anyone as really not well. I know this sounds silly to u, but now I'm paranoid that they know i was calling and i gave up, and that this will now effect my claim! Like I've made things even worse ☹️☹️
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    :disappointed:  @DEE9999
    honestly I go through similar situations I get myself so worked up and worried and people on the outside looking in are saying calm down etc I get it that it feels impossible! But I promise you that if it was dwp they will contact you by letter or leave messages? You don't need to call them if you can't? It's only been suggested because that would be a quick way to clear it up for you? But even if you don't call them now it won't stop your claim I don't think they can do that especially if the date of review isn't here yet? I hate seeing someone else go through so much stress! I hope I haven't patronised you etc I just 100% don't believe it was dwp hun? They leave messages or call back and it is rare that they use mobile phone numbers xx
  • Leigh14
    Options
    DEE9999 said:
    @Leigh14 I tried to call them but 15 minutes later they still weren't answering and my head is pounding and my anxiety worse, plus they want me to answer a survey at the end and gave option 1 to opt in and 2 to opt out, i pressed 2 to opt out, it cut me off so had to call back again so i pressed 1 to opt in and 40 minutes later still waiting so i gave up. I simply can't speak to anyone as really not well. I know this sounds silly to u, but now I'm paranoid that they know i was calling and i gave up, and that this will now effect my claim! Like I've made things even worse ☹️☹️
    It doesn’t sound silly at all. Hopefully I can reassure when I say that they would not know it was you that was calling, and in no way would it affect your claim. I have done the same many times. Try not to think anymore about the call received earlier, nor the one you have made. You definitely haven’t made anything worse.
    Chill out with something on TV perhaps. A good box set maybe. This is something I also do, to get my mind off stressful stuff.
  • DEE9999
    Options
    @Emilyb81thank you. It's sheer torture to be this anxious and paranoid. I gave up in end as can't hold on phone for so long plus survey they want, jus too unwell. That's my main worry, that they'd stop it without reassessment. ☹️
  • DEE9999
    Options
    @Leigh14 just waiting for my medication to kick in, om top of all my mental illness back to waking up daily with migraines and don't see my neurologist till end August! You're all really nice on here, so thank you ? 
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Nope I'm pretty sure they won't stop it without going through the process? I'm no expert on it all but I have just had reassessment recently and I was told about it months in advance? Hope you get some relief soon! Migraines are orrible! Stress triggers mine too! I have to put my phone away and sleep for half hour it's the only thing that works for me now because they took my meds away as it doesn't mix well with asthma? So I have to use paracetamol, ibuprofen and dark room/rest but hopefully your meds kick in ASAP! Xx
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Oh and as for them knowing you called I have called them at least 10 times in the last few months and lots of those ended with me hanging up as I'd been on hold ages (once for nearly 2 hours!!) And nothing has ever been said about it! 
     I've even asked them said they must have records of me calling and being on hold for ages as I was complaining about the amount of my life I waste on hold :lol:  and they said no they can't see how many times I've called ????‍♀️
  • janer1967
    Options
    They will not stop your claim for you trying to call them 

It won't even register anywhere with them they get thousands of calls each day and don't get time to look at anything they didn't answer 

I know how stressed this has made you just look how many of us are telling you it is nothing to worry about 

The only reason pip can be stopped is if you have a review and lose the award or you have been found to have a fraudulent  claim. 

Take a break get some rest and do something nice for yourself 
  • DEE9999
    Options
    Oh @Emilyb81 i empathise, they're HORRIFIC! Im on 3 lots of prescription ones by neurologist and still i wake up with them. Yet can randomly get weeks of nothing! I also suffers with facial neuralgia too. It's very hard with the my other mental illness. We're all suffering aren't we!? ☹️
  • DEE9999
    Options
    Thank you @janer1967 I'm going to try ?
  • DEE9999
    Options
    @Emilyb81 re phone calls etc, you sound like me!! '☹️? but i appreciate you telling me that you've been through similar too ? x
  • DEE9999
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Xx
  • Leigh14
    Options
    DEE9999 said:
    @Leigh14 just waiting for my medication to kick in, om top of all my mental illness back to waking up daily with migraines and don't see my neurologist till end August! You're all really nice on here, so thank you ? 
    Migraines are the pitts. I used to suffer terribly with them, and then I fell pregnant, since then I’ve only had one or two. It’s now over sixteen years since the pregnancy. Hope the medication kicks in soon. Take care.
  • DEE9999
    Options
    Morning all, Couldn't help it and had to phone this morning. Spoke to a nice woman who said my claim will be reviewed in August. She said that it's just going to ask if I've got better, the same or worse etc and they can take up to 4 months due to backlog to make decision, but payments won't be effected until decision made.
    I forgot to ask her though that I've read that if your circumstances change, they do stop your money completely until they make a new decision, so now I'm totally confused ?  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.