Autism and dislike of sex — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism and dislike of sex

wali
wali Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So I thought I would just dive in with this one because it is a hard question to ask doctors etc.
I am in a loving relationship and have been for the last 4 years. My partner LOVES sex and would happily make love at least once a day. 
If I am completely honest I don’t like it at all, I have no desire for it. I might feel I want to have sex a couple of times a year but I could live without it quite happily. 
I am not a fan of french kissing, intimate touching none of it. It makes me feel sick sometimes. 
My partner and I have been having sex therapy which has helped a little but it is due to end and I am really worried moving forward.
A life without sex is just not an option for my partner.
Has anyone had similar problems or have any advice.
thank you x
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wali :) Welcome to the community. Sex isn't always easy to talk about, so thanks for being so open and honest.

This does seem like a difficult situation. Different people have different sex drives, and it can be tricky when couples who love each other have mismatched sex drives. Have you always felt this way?

Were you able to identify any possible underlying causes for your current dislike of sex during sex therapy? You don't have to answer this here if you don't want to, but it's worth reflecting on what was discussed and trying to work out whether there's something holding you back from enjoying sex with your partner, or whether it's a more innate thing for you. Relate also have some useful information on sex and relationships, including a page on couples having different sex drives. 

Have you spoken to your partner about the possibility of getting some more sex therapy, if you think that could help?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome 

Glad you have opened up to discuss this 

Has this always been how you feel 

Have you had any other physical partners? 

I can imagine how difficult it is for both of you and hope you work it out 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have been with my partner for years but we haven't had sex for at least three years I am like you I can live with out it  we dont t live in the same house though we find liveing apart better and he has his son who has a disability liveing with him and my mum who has dementia will be comeing twice with me 

I have never realy liked sex probably because of what happend when I was young but I also work two nights a week and my partner works 6 days a week so we are always busy any way  we are haveing a night away in the camper van Tuesday though lol

Hope you find a solution 

Brightness