Mystery number PIP /DWP - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mystery number PIP /DWP

13»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    DEE9999 said:.. I've read that if your circumstances change, they do stop your money completely until they make a new decision, so now I'm totally confused ?  
    They don't. If you report a change they send you new form to complete and then reassess you. The existing award continues until a new decision is made. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • DEE9999
    DEE9999 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    edited June 2021
    My mental illness hasn't changed except that i am not getting any better and my migraines/neuralgia haven changed either. I don't really have any new documents except what I sent them in my original claim and appt letters for neurology. 
  • DEE9999
    Do you have to provide new evidence even if nothing has changed, and do they contact GP? ? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    The best evidence is you giving 2 detailed examples of what happens when you try to complete each task mentioned in the descriptors. You should also consider can you do these reliably and safely to a satisfactory standard. New written evidence from other people is not necessarily needed. 
  • DEE9999
    Ok, for me the tasks i struggle with definitely haven't changed unfortunately, so will state all that again. But obviously i can't remember what was written word for word last time as i had help with filling form out and then i had home assessment. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited June 2021
    If you think you need help again completing the form than maybe ask citizens advice or welfare rights in your local area. 

Your examples and form don’t need to be exactly like your last one. As long as you provide examples and explain what happens when you do attempt them. 

I would imagine the more recent the examples are the better anyway to give a good illustration of how you are impacted at the present time. 
  • DEE9999
    Thanks @MarkN88. I get my family to help with forms as I do with a lot of my things in general. ?
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    @DEE9999, hope you’re feeling better today?
  • DEE9999
    Hi @Leigh14 a bit better today thank you for asking. Very kind of you. Hope you're ok ? ? 
  • Leigh14
    Glad to hear it @DEE9999. I’m ok thanks, plodding along as they say?
    Im on the waiting game for the MR, but trying as hard as I can to put it out of my head. Difficult though!
  • DEE9999
    edited June 2021
    Is MR mandatory reconsideration? If it is, of course totally empathise!! Hope it is outcome you want ???? @Leigh14
  • Leigh14
    Yes it is @DEE9999. If it’s not the outcome I want, I’ve still to decide if I would go on to the next stage of tribunal. Don’t even want to think about that though.
    Hope you’re doing ok today. Take care x
  • DEE9999
    Morning all, I've been on a Facebook forum specifically for PIP, and everywhere that I have read on there is that IF they do decide, when they've received PIP renewal to restart new claim because illness/condition etc has become worse, that they WILL stop current claim/payments, until new decision is reached! And that you must have latest documentation proof which i don't have, only old ones because still no changes on certain things. Please advise, as my ocd is spiking. Thank you. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That is totally wrong your PIP only stops if the award date has ended or if you stop the claim 

4he whole point 8f reassessment is so it is done and completed before award ends 

An exception to this could be if the award was given at tribunal then a new claim has to be made but again You do this in advance 

After a review decision is made your old award will end and new one starts so if new decision is no award then pip will stop 

It is helpful to keep all pip paperwork for your own ref but it isn't required for a review to take place 

I suggest you keep off the fb pages notoriously known for inaccurate info
  • DEE9999
    @janer1967 unfortunately, my ocd can be relentless, even though i have information, I can still want more, it goes in circles. I will stick with the information provided on here. 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    That's exactly what I normally do @DEE9999
     I go looking everywhere and end up so much more confused and anxious? Some of these fb pages are not helpful and honestly they cant/won't stop your award before you have even been reassessed? ?? It's same when I am unwell I look all over Internet and within an hour I have convinced myself I am dying of some rare illness but turns out I have a cold?! Its ridiculous but I still always do it so recently I had to ban myself from searching online about health issues and it's been haaaard not to keep looking about this whole pip situation too but I genuinely feel I have been given all the right help and advice etc here so I've had to stick with one forum? And since I did it has been easier so I hope you can do it too! Some days I wish I could turn what I call my mad head off for a bit? Definitely make things harder for myself listening to it :lol: have a great week hun! Xx
  • DEE9999
    @Emilyb81 thank you. Again, so similar. I have severe health anxiety an do the same, and I'm one of the worst cases psychiatrists/psychologists etc have ever seen and have had every therapy over years and crisis team, so having extra on top to scare me is too much but I'll stick with with Scope from now on ?❤️
  • DEE9999
  • Emilyb81
    It's flipping knackering so I feel for you hun! I was told years ago I have bpd and severe anxiety and depression I have recently been told I need to have a medication review and see a psychiatrist as I've just been left to it and keep getting told I need cbt however its never available where I live so it hasn't happened? So I am always asking for help and I get told repeatedly by different doctors I need it and that's as far as it gets! So hopefully this time when they eventually contact me it will be different! I feel like I'm in a constant battle with my head literally talking myself in or out of things all day and all night gets a bit much! Just wish I could have a normal thought or reaction to situations!
    It's nice to know there are other people who understand what's happening? And actually mean they understand if that makes sense rather than just saying they do to be nice ? so many people do that with me and I know they mean well and I'm so grateful they try but it really is hard to let someone know what's going on unless they have been in similar situations themselves? At the same time I wish nobody had to go through similar things  because its so hard all the time everything is a battle! I am always trying to find ways to help myself because that's all I have and even that is getting on my wick now because there's so many different views and opinions I get to point where I don't do any of it because my anxiety says NO
    Anyhoo I really hope you have a good day today hope we all do! 
    A day is a long time I know but for me if I can put my head down without kicking off or hurting myself in some way then it's a good day! ?? 
  • Emilyb81
    Battle is my word of the day lol take care guys xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.