We haven’t heard from pip since we sent off my form in January — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We haven’t heard from pip since we sent off my form in January

brandonpagett
brandonpagett Community member Posts: 9 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I turned 16 on the 5th of January this year and my mum received a letter from dwp about pip and it was a form in which she filled out the contents of the form the same day and sent it back to them the very next day and she got a message saying that they received the letter however till this day we haven’t heard from them since.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    As numerous threads on this forum attest there are long delays to the processing of PIP claims at present. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @brandonpagett

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

I hope the above comment has helped you, as mentioned there are plenty of delays at the minute so I'm afraid this is quite common, hopefully it won't be too long now though.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • brandonpagett
    @calcotti thank you but it has been 6 months 
  • brandonpagett
    @Ross_Scope it’s nearly coming up to 7 months we haven’t received anything 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I saw someone else that's been waiting since November/December :disappointed:  so unfortunately it is taking longer because of covid I believe?
    Have you tried calling them to see if they can tell you anything? At least you will know you haven't missed anything? 
  • brandonpagett
    @Emilyb81 true I’ll make sure to call them 
  • Emilyb81
    It will set your mind at rest if nothing else? ?? 
  • brandonpagett
    @Emilyb81 I’m only 16 and I forget to eat and to take my medication and I am unable to be left alone sometimes 
  • Emilyb81
    Bless you! If it helps I do same things forever forgetting to take meds because I have so many that unfortunately have to be taken at different times of the day and some can't be taken too close to others so it fries my brain and I literally don't remember until I start to feel rubbish and then I realise I'm having some kind of withdrawal from not having them! :disappointed: I have so many alarms set on my phone its ridiculous! But if I don't have them I'd be in trouble ??‍♀️ and food is another nightmare at times! As I get so distracted trying to get through the day with all the problems that causes and before I know it it's bed time again and I haven't eaten anything ? so you are not alone!
     It's really good that you are here! I'm sure the longer you stick around and see what others have happening and find people that understand you and what's going on for you you will probably feel much better? I know its helped me in the last month or so because I thought I was completely weird and felt like nobody understood me at all? But not anymore :smile: 
  • brandonpagett
    @Emilyb81 it’s good to know that people are here to give advice to any problems I feel with my problems on a day to day basis ?? thank you for helping me understand what to do 
  • Emilyb81
    No worries hun! ?? There's loads of really helpful people here in this forum!
    Its been a big help for me ? have a good afternoon /evening and hope you manage to speak to pip soon? Oh one more thing maybe don't make same mistake as me and try calling them after 2pm because every time I've been on hold at least an hour? I have found and I've seen others have too that it's best to call in morning rather than the afternoon ? sorry just know how awful waiting on hold can be especially if already anxious about the call itself! Take care ? and good luck! 
  • Emilyb81
    My record on hold was 1 hour and 50 minutes and I gave up lol ??‍♀️??‍♀️
  • brandonpagett
    @Emilyb81 lol did you get it eventually?
  • Emilyb81
    Pip? Oh it's a long and complicated story hun but I was already getting it for years and failed a reassessment due to me accidentally not filling the right forms in? So I have had to do a MR unfortunately! But I'm sure you won't need to do all that! And even of you do you're in a much better position than me because you have the people here to advise you from the get go I didn't find this forum until afterwards :disappointed: anyhoo onwards and upwards ??? and let us know what they say (I'm nosey like that lol) 
  • brandonpagett
    @Emilyb81 My mums quite good because she had to do all of this about my brother so I think I’m in a place for help with stuff like this
  • effie678
    effie678 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    I sent my form off at the end of January and got a text this morning saying I've to get a telephone assessment on the 15th July. It will be at least a few months after that before I know if my claim will be successful or not. Seems such an awful long time.
  • Emilyb81
    Oh @brandonpagett that's cool you have a supportive mum that knows about this stuff my mum is lovely but she wouldn't have a clue about anything like this bless her! ?
    Well you are in twice the better situation then! As you are definitely not going to have to go through any of this alone and confused! ?
     @effie678 has heard about their assessment today so maybe you will hear about yours soon as it was from a similar time? 
     :disappointed:  The waiting is definitely the hardest part for me... The waiting, not knowing and trying to guess? It's almost like torture at times! Hope your assessment goes well @effie678 and at least you know you are moving in the right direction not staying still/stuck? ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Is your mum able to support you with remembering to eat and take your medication too @brandonpagett

Best of luck with your assessment on the 15th @effie678 :) How are you feeling about it? Waiting times do vary, but they do say you should hear back from your assessment within around 8 weeks. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • effie678
    effie678 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Hi, I'm dreading it really. I've had 2 telephone assessments so far this year but when I called pip saying I've had the assessment they said it wasn't them, so I've no idea who it was ?
  • brandonpagett
    What so mine might be close

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.