medical proof. My GP said not to worry, and that they'll ring him instead. Will they accept that? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

medical proof. My GP said not to worry, and that they'll ring him instead. Will they accept that?

9tl4b
9tl4b Community member Posts: 26 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
 .hello can any one help me ia m at my wits end.i have a pip review form to send in i hav 2 supported letters one from my husband and one from my son who is a social worker and works with vunerable people ,my worry is that i rang my docter about evidence he said dont worry sen d off what evidence u hav and they will ring me and i will tell them what they need to know but iam so anixious they will not accept that 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You don't need to send anything from your gp unless it clearly states how you are affected on a day to day doing the activities 

This won't be the case as your gp doesn't see you doing the tasks 

The supporting letters will be better evidence 

If its a review they will already have evidence that you sent before 
  • 9tl4b
    thank u so much for ur helpful reply .
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @9tl4b

I hope you are doing okay this morning, sorry to hear the PIP review is causing you anxiety, do you have techniques in place to effectively manage your anxiety when the levels rise? 

I hope the reply from Jane has helped you relax a bit, as mentioned a letter from your GP isn't a necessity at all unless it clearly describes your condition in relation to the PIP descriptors, and that's rarely the case. The supporting letters sound good.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 9tl4b
    thank u ross i have suffered with mental health issues for years and with this issues or any thing else comes my way any proplem and i find it hard to cope ,iam hoping everythin will be ok with pip .
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope so too @9tl4b. Remember that if you do ever find it harder to cope you should speak with your GP to see if there is any support they can offer you. You could also read this page from Mind which offers some useful coping techniques.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 9tl4b
    thank u so much
  • 9tl4b
    no mchance of wiy son is not my carer after reading ur reply ithink i hav no chance of keepin my pip
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Please don't feel disheartened @9tl4b, lots of people successfully claim PIP without evidence from their GP, even if the DWP don't call them for a report. 
    Have you sent your forms and the supporting letters from your husband and son back?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome to the community 

I have been awarded pip twice now without anything from my gp apart from  prescription list 

Don't feel you will fail you have the assessment to put your case across the best evidence is your own
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with Jane and also with Mike, I don't think anything Mike said should lead you to believe you will lose your PIP, he's right they don't contact your GP and take little notice of any "supporting" evidence from a GP, they might know all about your illness but not how it/they affect your everyday life.
    A well completed application after research about the PIP descriptors are what is needed most.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 9tl4b
    thank u woodbine i just feel like not getting out of bed till i get the brown envelope 

• 9tl4b
    yes i have sent form away to them its been years since they sent be for an  assement hope they dont this time 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.