Brupenorphine Patches — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Brupenorphine Patches

Options
gjw59help
gjw59help Community member Posts: 68 Courageous
Living with Chronic Pain I would be interested to hear if anyone else is using these patches long term and how they affect you when they wear out and any other issues or tips dealing with Chronic Pain.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't really comment much on meds but what I can say is that my OH (known to most on here as senior management) has been on morphiene patches for many years, the biggest problem in the warmer weather is they tend not to stay on very well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @gjw59help

How are you today? 

I have no experience of these myself, is there anything that makes you want to gather the thoughts of others? Are you having any difficulty with the patches?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gjw59help
    gjw59help Community member Posts: 68 Courageous
    Options
    The patches and the effects make me feel near to "normal" as far as the pain goes but there are side effects such as feeling sleepy and loss of appetite.I have been using them for many years now but they do wear off after 3 or 4 days and if not replaced straight away make me very ill and like taking most medications that mask pain it feels much worse until they take effect again and it makes planning anything very difficult,but that's my account I wanted to learn of other peoples experiences  living with Chronic Pain and how they cope.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for your reply @gjw59help, you might find it useful to browse our chronic pain category, to see stories from other members about how they cope with it.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness