Medical evidence: how old can it be? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical evidence: how old can it be?

Sam01
Sam01 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
Hi all, I need to send of a PIP award review form. I plan on including with it a repeat prescription letter which I received exactly last year. I’m just wondering if this letter would be accepted given that it’s a year old. Nothing has significantly changed in my repeat prescription during that one year so asking my GP for an updated prescription letter would just result in me receiving a pretty identical letter with the date on the letter being the only difference. So would a 1 year old medical document be fine to send? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

The best way to send evidence of your prescription is to get your gp or pharmacy to print off a copy of the repeat list 

Or you usually get one attached to your  prescription 

There is no need for a letter 
  • Sam01
    Sam01 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    Evidence cannot be rejected but the review form already contains a space for meds so what is it you gain from duplicating that? Submitting a 1 year old script would allow DWP to infer it;s out of date so either go with what you’ve written on the review form I’d write a covering letter with the script. 
    The space you refer to is not big enough to list all my medications which is why I’d prefer to send of a letter.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    I always send a photo copy of the repeat script as it has 20 items on it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Beesmummy798
    Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Hi there, not sure if this helps. I cut out or peeled off my labels from my actual prescription boxes. Attached them to an A4 page and wrote beside them side effects and how they make me feel from taking them. It's hard atm getting repeat prescription lists from a pharmacy and/or Gp, in my area anyway. This was the quickest way for me x
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Just ask the receptionist at the GP surgery for an up to date one. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.