Claiming pip and working - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming pip and working

Options
2»

Comments

• foryoureyesonly
    foryoureyesonly Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Back in the days of dla  i got both benfits and wen't to work still getting dla bou i don't know what the new goverments are doing
  • RoxyC
    RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    @foryoureyesonly

I would say the new government's are doing everything to make it harder to get any help at all ??‍♀️
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    RoxyC said:
    @foryoureyesonly

I would say the new government's are doing everything to make it harder to get any help at all ??‍♀️
    I would have to disagree with that, yes waiting times have in some cases been horrific, but the DWP has been flooded with work at a time when they have been short staffed due to covid and many of them have been working from home.
    Apart from that very little has changed on the benefits front since the 2019 election.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• RoxyC
    RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    I work in a care home, with societies most vulnerable people... many of whome cant itch their own nose, feed themselves or clean their own bums.... every month we are dealing with residents that have had their funding pulled as apparently they no longer require it... like they miraculously became mobile. The system is completely flawed... as soon as all the money from a residents home has been swallowed up in care fees the resident somehow no longer requires the highest level of support. I have no doubt that the DWP has worked tirelessly these past 18 months but as for the government.... the problem is exactly that... nothing has changed.... only 43% of pip claims are actually successful without going to an MR. The other 57% have an uphill battle to try to prove their case after already suffering from what ever problems they already have. The system isnt designed for us... it's designed for them and to keep as much cash in their coffers as possible. Unfortunately the people on the other end of the DWP phones bare the brunt of it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.