LCWRA backpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA backpayment

Options
MarcKeirle
MarcKeirle Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hello I wondered if someone could possibly help me with some information and advice. I started a UC claim 16 months ago with a fitnote as I have depression,anxiety and agrophobia. I have declared my fitnotes constantly throughout the 16 months and after 15 and a half months waiting I finally got my telephone assessment and on the 17th of June I was awarded LCWRA. I have received my first payment of the extra element but in my award letter it said about being told of my backpayment within 7 working days and the 3 month gap that they don't pay which is no problem. I waited the 7 working days and nothing in my journal regarding my backpayment. I have left messages in the payments section of my journal trying to get some information in regards to what is happening with my backpayment and have been ignored for about 2 weeks now. I finally managed to build up the mental strength to call UC and try to find out what is going on the lady I spoke to was quite rude and short with me she told me I have to apply for a backpayment and she has sent my case to my case manager to be actioned , I have no idea what actioned is and she wouldn't explain it to me either all she would tell me was that I had to wait until the 31st of July for a response from my case manager , if the worse happens and they refuse to backdate my LCWRA can I appeal the decision?  If so is there a time limit that for me to appeal from being awarded LCWRA and what does actioned mean ? 

Thanks in advance marc 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Lots of members have said they have been waiting for longer than the quote of 7 days 

You don't need to apply for backpay it is  sorted automatically 

First it needs calculations then authorised before payment 

Keep checking your old statements and when they change to show the additional payment they will have recalculated and they should then pay 
  • MarcKeirle
    Options
    Thanks Janer , my statement all ready includes the extra payment from the LCWRA element on last month's payment as the decision fell in my payment dates , I couldn't work out what the lady on the phone ment when she mentioned sending my claim to my case manager to be actioned , probably just my anxiety getting the best of me and worrying over nothing 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it is the case manager that actions the payment 

With regards your statements I mean the ones that are older and should have back0ay in eg keep eye on Feb or March 
  • MarcKeirle
    Options
    Just thought I would update my post, I spoke to a nice lady at CAB today who rang on my behalf and sorted it all out for me and within half an hour after her call my backpayment award letter was posted on my journal so a positive outcome in the end 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great, well done for chasing that up @MarcKeirle :) It's always good to see a positive outcome!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.