Can anyone shed a light on Severe Disability Premium. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone shed a light on Severe Disability Premium.

Options
2»

Comments

• Beesmummy798
    Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    calcotti said:
    You can cancel the ESA if you wish and your UC will go up so you get the same amount of money overall - but I would not recommend this.

Let’s say for example that you win £20,000 or form a new relationship with somebody with lots of income and/or savings - these changes would end your UC but would not affect your ESA. Claiming a non means tested benefit therefore makes sense to protect yourself against changes of circumstance. If you end the ESA you would not be entitled to claim it again if you have not been working in the last couple of years.
    Thankyou sooooo much. I understand it now. I have searched and searched Google for a while now trying to get an explanation. You're a star @calcotti ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.