Hi, my name is Rich123! Had my pip telephone call yesterday and puzzled with 2 questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rich123! Had my pip telephone call yesterday and puzzled with 2 questions

Options
Rich123
Rich123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi had my  pip telephone call yesterday and puzzled with 2 questions I was asked, I was asked if I've had an accident either in car or outside also have I had any altercations with anyone don't know if these are standard as I'm now panicking some one has reported me for something that hasn't happened 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @Rich123

Welcome to the community, glad to see you join us.

I'm not sure there's anything to worry about, of course they might seem like unusual questions but I imagine they asked them to gather further insight as to how your condition impacts you.

I've not heard of the altercation question being asked before, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been asked to others, I'm sure there will have beeen a constructive reason for them asking such a thing which will have helped them to gage how your condition impacts you.

Best of luck with the outcome.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I've not heard of anyone being asked the question about altercations but I don't think it will be anything to worry about 
    Jyst a way of asking how you interact with people 

Good luck for the claim let us know how you get on 

• Rich123
    Options
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no way for us to even guess the purpose of the question as we have no knowledge of your health conditions and what you have told DWP in your health questionnaire.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Rich123
    Options
    I suffer from depression and anxiety since 2013 I also have arthritis in my right knee 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.