Party houses — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Party houses

Options
Lilladybird
Lilladybird Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi ?,  my disabled husband & I have rented a disabled bungalow for 6 years, in a courtyard where up until recently the other 2 houses were derelict, the landlord owns all 3 houses & the courtyard, he decided 18 months ago to do up the other 2 houses & in Feb last year one was finished, we were told it was a holiday let, parties of 8 & upwards were staying all through lockdown with police up every week, hen parties,  large family parties, work carried on, through covid on the other one & opened for the first guests june 2021, the main house noise is minimal as there is a disco room which is soundproofed, but the cars coming & going at all hours, rubbish, drug dealers, & above all, the noise from guests in the hot tub, which is facing the front of our house & garden with a lattice fence you can see straight through. We have had enough, my husband is getting more depressed & i am exhausted through lack of sleep, what can we do?

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Lilladybird

Welcome to the community, so sorry to hear about what you are going through with the noise and disturbance. 

Have you issued a complaint about the situation to the landlord, or the police? 

Also, I acknowledge that you shouldn't have to do this to live a peaceful life, but is moving an option for you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lilladybird
    Lilladybird Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for replying, we were moved by accessible housing through our council, when my husband became ill, we moved in here because there was a ramp & low level shower, but the house was a mess, we have paid for everything for it to become a home, we renovated the whole house with the help of various local charites, weve only just got the disabled grant to put wider paths in the garden  so as you can imagine we are a bit loathed to move now, when weve spent 6 years doing it up, we are talking to the landlord this afternoon about our concerns, but hes never listened before & never put a penny into our house, but quite willingly leaves us to clear up after him, i think hes trying to push us out without having to do anything. I wondered if there was any free legal advice bodies i could try, does anybody know of any other than shelter & citizens advice, ive tried them & they couldnt help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lilladybird

Thanks for your response, I totally understand your reluctance to move, it makes sense :) 

I'm not too sure who could advise you other than CAB or Shelter, and it's a shame they couldn't do anything. Have you reported the disturbances through this council reporting tool?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness