WCA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA

beth123
beth123 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I was awarded lcwra after I put in a mandatory reconstruction it’s said on the letter I’ve been awarded from the 8/12/2020 when I put my fist sick note in I’ve not got no gaps in my sick notes at the end of the letter it’s says I’ve been awarded it from the 9/03/2021 and I get payed on the 9th of every month I’m very confused would someone explain to me as I’ve tried to ring up and they don’t no and I’ve put in my Journal and nobody’s got back to me 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Lcwra is paid after a waiting period of 3 full assessment periods 

So you were awarded from Dec when you reported the condition  but the payments don't start until the march date due to the waiting period 

When you get paid you will get the additional payment 

You will then get the back pay as a separate payment once it has been calculated and authorised 

This can take a while due to backlogs 

Hope this helps make it clearer for you 
  • beth123
    Thank you very much I understand it now 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your welcome 

As you were awarded from 09 Mar first payment would be April as its in arrears 

So you should get  apr may june and July as back pay 
  • beth123
    Yeah I’ve got the payment for them dates thank you for you’re help just glad it’s done now I can concentrate on getting my health back as this has been so stressful 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.