How long to have reinstated after pip was reinstated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to have reinstated after pip was reinstated

Options
matthew04
matthew04 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
My husband received carers allowance for myself from 2017 since I was awarded pip in 2016 but after having to have pip renew in feb 2021 they removed the carers allowance ASAP , I was rewarded pip in May this year and we reapplied to have carers allowance reinstated but it’s been now 8 weeks and haven’t heard a thing my MP advised it would be back dated to feb 2021 when they removed it but £67 a week isn’t a lot to these MP but it is to us is this normal or is it because ESA hold it up 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It shouldn't take long to reinstate carers once PIP is back in payment, have you contacted the CA unit to see whats happening?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• matthew04
    matthew04 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    That’s true last time they took my pip away and the carers element also  I took it to a tribunal and won, had the  carers allowance reinstated 10 days later but that was back in 2019 before covid 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Last summer SM's CA was in place 6 days after sending off the application, so like most benefits atm its hit and miss.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.