What's your favourite ice lolly? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's your favourite ice lolly?

Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
There's nothing quite like a delicious ice lolly when the temperature soars, and I'd like to know what your favourite one is!

Sorry if your favourite has been missed off. We had a bit of a nightmare working out what exactly counts as an ice lolly... 
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

What's your favourite ice lolly? 16 votes

Fab
12%
Harringtonkathlar10 2 votes
Twister
25%
Ami2301janer1967cupcake88rudolf 4 votes
Rocket lolly
0%
Calippo
6%
Ross_Alumni 1 vote
Mr Freeze Jubbly
0%
Fruit Pastilles lolly
12%
leeCalCher_Alumni 2 votes
Other
37%
woodbineCressidalittleacornLisatho11987777MarkM88Juliehedges 6 votes
I don't like ice lollies
6%
Duninn 1 vote

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Other
    Magnum everytime in fact we have a dozen in the freezer as we speak. <3
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Other
    I like the white choclate magnum  well to be honest I love all the magnums 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Calippo
    They're all so good. I think anything fruity is my personal preference
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    We had a bit of a nightmare working out what exactly counts as an ice lolly... 
    I'm guessing a Magnum doesn't...  :D

I don't really eat ice lollies, they seem to get stuck in my throat and make me choke...not sure if that's normal or not!  :|  So I tend to have ice cream lollies instead...however I noticed Fab's were on offer this week so have bought some to try...
  • Tori_Scope
    This was part of the debate @OverlyAnxious @woodbine :D We thought perhaps ice lollies were mainly water-based, whereas if they're mainly cream-based, e.g. a Magnum, they're an ice cream. 

Then there was the issue with whether there needs to be a stick, e.g. in the case of a Calippo. This came after Ross (controversially, in my opinion) suggested Cornetto as one of the options! I'm not sure what to call an ice cream on a stick. I saw one website suggest they were choc ices, but to me that's a specific type of ice cream that's not on a stick, and another suggested they were ice cream bars, but again that means something else to me. 

We like to discuss only the most pressing issues here on the community...

It's definitely worth giving a Fab a go :) 

• OverlyAnxious
    This was part of the debate @OverlyAnxious @woodbine :D We thought perhaps ice lollies were mainly water-based, whereas if they're mainly cream-based, e.g. a Magnum, they're an ice cream. 

Then there was the issue with whether there needs to be a stick, e.g. in the case of a Calippo. This came after Ross (controversially, in my opinion) suggested Cornetto as one of the options! I'm not sure what to call an ice cream on a stick. I saw one website suggest they were choc ices, but to me that's a specific type of ice cream that's not on a stick, and another suggested they were ice cream bars, but again that means something else to me. 

We like to discuss only the most pressing issues here on the community...

It's definitely worth giving a Fab a go :) 
    Well I think we can all agree that a Cornetto isn't an ice lolly! ;)  But if you like those...try the Walls Extreme salted caramel one!  (Though they also make a mango sorbet one, that I suppose could be considered more ice lolly than ice cream...I didn't like it myself though)

Supermarket websites list Magnums etc as 'Ice Cream Sticks'.  Did you know, Roger Moore invented ice cream sticks?  He was fed up with Walls choc ices making a mess in his hand.  :)  Which makes me wonder why we still so often had choc ices when I was a kid...the amount of mess they made was totally unnecessary!  :D
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Fruit Pastilles lolly
    I like the new raspberry magnum too! ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Other
    If it has to be a frozen liquid lolly then anything made from cider gets my vote.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Other
    Do Ice pops count? 
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Anything covered with dark chocolate, on a stick, in a bar, or in a bowl.
    Or strawberry / raspberry / Mint chocolate. I think I love them all Really. ?
    Magnums are terrific. ?
    I have no idea what a Fab is, or a Calippo. Am I missing out? ?‍♂️
  • Tori_Scope
    Did you know, Roger Moore invented ice cream sticks?  He was fed up with Walls choc ices making a mess in his hand.

I did not know this @OverlyAnxious! Fun fact.

Do Ice pops count? 

Don't get my brain started on this again @MarkN88 :D I'm not sure I can handle the crisis in this heat! Sure... why not. If Calippo is there, ice pops probably should be too. 

• Tori_Scope
    I have no idea what a Fab is, or a Calippo. Am I missing out? ?‍♂️
    Yes @Dragonslayer! Fabs are... fab. They're strawberry and vanilla flavoured, with a little bit of chocolate and some sprinkles for good measure. Calippos are fruity flavoured ice lollies in a tube.

• OverlyAnxious
    Callippo's are ideal to save sticky hands/stained clothes when you're out, also means no risk of touching them for the annoying OCD kids like myself...must be getting on for 20 years since I've had one now though.  :o
  • Duninn
    Duninn Community member Posts: 184 Pioneering
    I don't like ice lollies
    Can’t remember the last time I had an ice-lolly but Magnum catches my thinking
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Fruit Pastilles lolly
    One of my pregnancy cravings is Fruit Pastille ice-lollies.  I'm averaging 2 boxes a week and by 'eck, I can't get enough of them icy drops from heaven!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Other
    Solero (or the Asda taste alike). :smile:

Brightness