LCWRA BACKDATED PAYMENT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA BACKDATED PAYMENT

Azmi
Azmi Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone really don't understand and bit confused about this message from UC. My back dated payment was due for 10 months. (LCWRA) after chasing many times 5 day ago i received this message. In this message why they ref my payment to debit management.?? 
Thanks for reply 
An underpayment of £4631.77 for the period 10 February 2020 - 9 December 2020 has been referred to debt management. This was due to your Limited capability for work and work-related activity element being added onto your claim.

Regards,
Universal Credit. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome 

Arrears payments are sent to debt management to see if there are any outstanding debts for the claim 

If there are they will recover the debt from the arrears payment 
  • Azmi
    Thanks Janer. I just call to debit management. They says you have debit on you account only £481. Which one is you advance buget loan. No any other debit. 
  • janer1967
    Thats good news at least it will be paid 9cc and yoy will get the remaining arrears 
  • Azmi
     Thanks for help. Any time limit you know they will take. 
  • janer1967
    It shouldn't take long now will just need authorising and sending to bank and then 3 to 5 days to clear in your account 
  • Azmi
  • MarcKeirle
    MarcKeirle Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    @Azmi my backpayment took 11 days from the date of the backpayment amount letter before it was paid out and in my bank so it shouldn't be to long 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Azmi :) I hope you don't have to wait too long for your payment!

Just to let you know, I've removed your duplicate thread.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    @Azmi my backpayment took 11 days from the date of the backpayment amount letter before it was paid out and in my bank so it shouldn't be to long 
    How long did the letter take? I was told I got the award in my journal and they would let me know how much within seven days which was last wednesday, not heard anything g despite leaving messages.
    They owe me a years worth and I owe them a couple of months carers element I was overpaid.
    I'm currently receiving £52 a month to live on due to them deducting carers allowance from my UC that I did not get paid.
     Ive done everything to get through to them but the way they split things up into assessment periods itshard to get a mistake rectified, for instance, they said my next payment wont be deducted but said nothing about paying me back for the last two incorrect deductions.
    So I'm counting on the LCWRA being sorted quickly but it already seems doomed to delay.
    I made an official complaint for what its worth as its cracking me up the way they ignore you 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tru88le I hope you're keeping well.

Just to check - you mention that you're receiving £52 a month at present to live on.  That must be challenging to say the least - are you coping ok?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    Hi @tru88le

Lots of people have been told 7 days to hear about back pay but in reality it seems to be taking about 3 weeks 

Then your will go to debt management the remaining amount will then need authorising and clearing in your bank 

So I wouldn't expect it for a while yet 

You won't get a letter you will be notified in your journal 

Fingers crossed it all gets sorted soon 
  • Azmi
    Hi janer. I just call today debts management about it they said they still not received any payment from UC. I was received message on 24/07/2021. About underpayments of 10 month's are refer to dabt management. But they said they still not got any things from UC. Please tell le what i do is  this normal happen or just with me. Or i call to UC.
    Thanks. 
  • janer1967
    Hi again

I would imagine it will take a bit longer everything is so behind currently with the huge backlogs 
  • Azmi
    Thanks janer. 
  • MarcKeirle
    MarcKeirle Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    edited July 2021
    tru88le said:
    How long did the letter take? I was told I got the award in my journal and they would let me know how much within seven days which was last wednesday, not heard anything g despite leaving messages.

It took around 3 weeks for me instead of the 7 days they stated, but i did have CAB chase them up for me in the end as they was totally ignoring any journal messages and the nothingness was affecting my mental health.

I even tried phoning them myself a couple weeks or so in and got absolutely nowhere and emailed CAB explaining the situation and the effect it was having on mental health ,about 5 or so days later a nice lady from the CAB called me from a withheld number took my details and rang them after i spoke to her. by the end of that day i had my backdated payment letter in my journal which you can click and read and will tell you the amount you are due.
  • Azmi
    Hi janer1967. I just received this letter from DWP today. And money still not received. What does - 3568 outstanding. Is i need to pay or they have to pay me i am bit confused. Please can you explain thanks. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    It says in the letter “we now owe you” so you should be getting an amount from them. 
  • Azmi
    Thanks MarkN88.
    But what is  - £3563.11p.
    Is is amount they will pay.?? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, @Azmi - that reads as the amount you're owed. it also mentions an advance you have with UC, which they are not deducting from the money they owe you, but will just be repaid from your UC as normal.
  • Azmi
    Thanks. I just call DWP on 04/08/2021. Lady said you will get your refund in 3/5 working days.
    My question this its was on Wednesday and today is Monday i still not received any things is i wait or call them again tomorrow. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.