H.C.P, Dishonesty — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

H.C.P, Dishonesty

Options
mickyrugbyfan
mickyrugbyfan Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everybody the issue I have is with the process of the face to face assessment.I have attended three in a supporting capacity for my sister as she suffers with PTSD and social anxiety and it just would not be possible for her to attend unless I am with her for support and reassurance.I take notes of how she responds and what she actually says for each question and also may occasionally prompt her if I feel that she may require to be a bit more specific with her answer to avoid any misunderstandings or assumptions by the (hcp).when I read the assessment report (all three times) relevant information intentionally left out and full of misleading and deliberate lies and not the information hcp was provided with? what happened to moral integrity? and truth

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The hcp does not report what is said verbatim 

Their job is to form an opinion of a persons functionality based on what is said against the descriptors 

Many will agree with you this appears to present as lies and I'm not saying it never happens 

Has the decision your sister gets the one recommended by the hcp

She can appeal the decision if she doesn't agree with the outcome 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have to say this OP although you may not agree, just because the HCP doesn't write exactly what you tell them, and just because they might miss some things out doesn't make the lies.
    I have had assessments for ESA and for PIP, and found them to be a good assessment of my situation and reflections of the convesations.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Hartnsoul
    Hartnsoul Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    Hi Mickyrugbyfan
    Having experienced a telephone assessment I was totally shocked by the misrepresentation of my health and abilities and yes, actual lies too.
    The HCP even had the cheek to quote me as saying something untrue that he had said himself in answer to a question he asked! He was literally putting his words in my mouth but not listening to my answers. It was that lie alone that made me so angry and determined to expose him for his fraudulent representation so I should thank him for getting me fuelled up enough to see it through! 
    The misrepresentations and twisted truth appears to be a common thing from all Ive been reading so you are not alone in your complaint. For every successful assessment there does appear to be several misrepresentations of the truth.
    Whist it is the HCPs opinion of what they have heard from you, it is not a record of what was actually said, and this clearly leaves their opinions wide open to twisting the facts and omitting important things, ie your actual disabling condition. I felt like giving up but it was because of the lies I was so determined to put the record straight and I appealed. From the short time in the court room with far less questions than expected, I had a decision within 20 mins. I told them I hadn't formally complained about the handling of my assessment yet but I was stressed enough with focusing on my appeal and intended to send my complaint in afterwards despite winning my case. I was encouraged to do so by my appeal panel. 
    If you are not satisfied with your report its worth appealling as it gives you a chance to be seen and heard independently versus the HCPs reporting. You're not there to prove them wrong but you do have another opportunity to prove your case. 
    My previous assessments were by a Doctor who asked several relevant questions on each occcasion and handled my assessment professionally. However, on the second occasion I got a telephone call, I now realise, to give me their decision but it was from the Dr who had personally assessed me and he said he was concerned about the decision as he did not agree with what was recorded. He mustve been about to tell me that my claim was to be refused, but I didnt realise that at the time. When he discovered I was in Critical cardiac unit with yet another repeat problem he stopped the conversation right at that point and I heard nothing more. Once I got my report following my last assessment it included the report from that year and seeing how the reporting dismissed he Drs reporting of my condition and totally played down the seriousness of it, I now see how the system is set up to eradicate all necessary points to downplay genuine disabilities. Its been a rather shocking discovery through my recent appeal process, no wonder people commit suicide. I know I will never trust anyone from the dwp now. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.