How are you most likely to tell us you're concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How are you most likely to tell us you're concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?

Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
On the online community, we take the safeguarding of our members seriously and we're trying to work out what our members will do if they become concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?

There is no right or wrong answer, we just want to know what you would do at the moment or have done in the past.
Community Manager
Scope

How are you most likely to tell us you're concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? 13 votes

Respond to a member directly in the discussion thread, asking if they're okay
0% 0 votes
Private message a member of the community team
15% 2 votes
Tag a member of the community team into the discussion thread
0% 0 votes
Use the flag function to report the discussion thread
53% 7 votes
Email the community inbox or a member of the community team
23% 3 votes
Nothing
0% 0 votes
Other (choose this option if you'd do more than one of the above, something different, or want to explain below what you would do)
7% 1 vote

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I would flag the thread/comment, then send a private message or email to a community team member.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    I agree with Ami2301  --  I would flag the thread/comment, then send a private message or email to a community team member.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks all. Any feedback we get about this is vital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Ask if they are OK give them phone numbers they can call straight away report as a health check also private message a scope moderator  email the community and as soon as possible phone scope to see if they have responded 

A better idea would be if scope have responded to any or all of the above to just say responded 

A question I have for scope if there are concerns at night early hours of the morning  and a health check has been flagged up do scope respond or won't it be dealt with until the morning ?

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    One concern is what happens out of hours? Could online community coordinators work a more variety of shift patterns to cover at least until a later time? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisathomas50 Thanks for that feedback :)

The online community team reply to all members, where concerns have been reported/spotted, on associated threads.  You might notice either myself, @Ross_Scope or @Tori_Scope popping up to offer advice and inform members to look out for an email from us in which we aim to provide further support.  

On occasions where a response from a team member isn't visible, it might be the case that i) it's not been reported or ii) the team haven't spotted it yet.  With this in mind, we really do encourage members to use the report function to alert us to concerns so we can respond asap.

In response to:
    A question I have for scope if there are concerns at night early hours of the morning  and a health check has been flagged up do scope respond or won't it be dealt with until the morning ?
    Unfortunately, the online community isn't a manned 24/7 service.  As such, all out of hours reports are prioritised and dealt with first thing on a morning when the team begin their shifts.  Our service hours are 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday with regular check-ins and monitoring on bank holidays too.  

I hope that helps and a big thank you to everyone who takes the time to report concerns to us.  It helps us keep the community a safe space and is vastly appreciated.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I do appreciate it when any of the community team members gets in touch with me when I have reported safeguarding concerns, the acknowledgement is very helpful :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope thanks for the reply to my question so the best thing is to give the person phone numbers that they can ring straight away as it could be to late if there is no response from scope until the morning ?
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    @Cher_Scope yeah I understand that, it was more of a suggestion really. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @Ami2301 Ahh, that's really handy feedback; I imagine it's a reassurance that concerns have been acted on and allays any residual worry you might have.  I'll relay to the team :)

@lisathomas50 No worries! It would be super helpful to signpost people in emergency situations to appropriate crisis services and organisations i.e. 999, The Samaritans etc. where concerns are spotted out of service hours.  We notice that lots of our members do this already and again, can only thank you for being so attentive and quick to help others.  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    MarkN88 said:
    @Cher_Scope yeah I understand that, it was more of a suggestion really. 
    @MarkN88 Apologies, I unintentionally keep missing your posts.  

Scope’s online community isn't a crisis service but a platform for information, advice, and peer support.  Although discussion on this topic remains ongoing, there are no current plans to extend our service hours.  

All suggestions are welcome though so thanks for putting that forward.

Brightness