Hey all! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hey all!

L_Volunteer
L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
Hey all, 

I am a new online community adviser volunteer here at Scope. Being an online community adviser means that I will listen to you and support you the best I can. You will most frequently find me in the categories related to education and learning, disability aids, equipment and technology, autism and aspergers, learning difficulties, mental health issues, dealing with chronic pain, invisible impairments and physical impairments and mobility issues. You may also see me in the general chats (such as the coffee lounge). My personal interests include tea, Disney and music. Hope to see you around soon! :)
Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It's fantastic to have you on board @L_Volunteer :) Thanks for introducing yourself to everyone!

What kind of music do you like?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @Tori_Scope :) Oh, you have asked me a tricky question! It ranges between Ed Sheeran and Bring Me The Horizon (and everything between). Do you or any of our community members like music too and if so what music? 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    We've had a quite a few different music threads started by our members, so we certainly do have some music fans here @L_Volunteer :) I'm the same, I like a real mix! I enjoy a bit of everything really, depending on my mood. I often like to listen to a bit of lofi hiphop or upbeat funky tunes when I'm working, but like a bit of rock, rap, dance music, and plenty of other genres too. 

@woodbine started a game where you have to name a group or artist starting with the last letter of the previous name, so perhaps you'd like to join in with that? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @L_Volunteer - It's really good to have a new community advisor onboard; you are the first that's introduced themselves! You are certainly able to help in many categories, which is great, & I look forward to seeing you on the forum. :)
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @Tori_Scope

Lots of preferred music variety here at Scope then! I will definitely get involved in @woodbine's music game, it sounds like great fun  :)

• L_Volunteer
    Hi @chiarieds

Thank you for your warm welcome! I will look forward to seeing you on the forum too  :) How are you?

• chiarieds
    I'm doing OK thank you @L_Volunteer & hope you are the same. I hope you have a good weekend. :)
  • L_Volunteer
    I am glad to hear you are ok @chiarieds. I am well thank you. I am sure I will have a good weekend, have you got any plans for this weekend?  :) I am planning to watch Billie Eilish's concert on Disney+ 

• chiarieds
    Just hoping to do a little tidying up in the garden later on. Enjoy the concert. :)
  • L_Volunteer
    Thanks @chiarieds. Is the sunshine out where you are? If so, that usually motivates me to be out in the garden too  :) Good luck with the garden!

• chiarieds
    No sun @L_Volunteer - I think we have to wait for next week for that, but I've got a lot of dead flowers on my buddleia that need to be cut off, & my courgette plants need tidying up.
  • L_Volunteer
    Always good to tidy up plants if you can. What is your favourite plant? I think courgette plants sound particularly wonderful! I hope you get some sunshine soon  :)

• chiarieds
    Definitely tomatoes, you can't beat the taste of home grown; these followed by green beans. My courgette plants misbehave, & I end up with marrows hiding under their leaves! :)
  • L_Volunteer
    Great choice @chiarieds. I like tomatoes too! :)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community @L_Volunteer from me too 
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @janer1967

Thank you for your warm welcome too  :) How are you?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Welcome to the community @L_Volunteer :) What's your favourite Disney film?
  • L_Volunteer
    Thank you @Ami_volunteer! Welcome to you too  :) I always find it tricky to choose a favourite Disney film but I would have to opt for the Lion King or Toy Story. Do you like Disney?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    I do love Disney, but not as much as I love Marvel :smiley: I've always found it tricky to decide too! For me though, I have to say The Lion King or Frozen :)
  • L_Volunteer
    Oooh, which is your favourite Marvel film @Ami_volunteer? :)

Brightness