What really annoys you ? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What really annoys you ?

Comments

• fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    leeCal said:
    @fluffycat said:
     I feel like in countryside with wild parakeets squawking 
    I went to Kew a couple of years ago and was amazed to see so many parakeets in the trees there, I had no idea they’d become naturalised like that. Mind you our winters haven’t been that severe for some years now I suppose. 
    Apparently they are tame in some parts and will hand feed from an apple in hand. (never tried)

I've hand fed Lorikeets at a theme park with nectar type juice. 
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    People who say. There's always someone worse off that you.
    Is it me? For it doesn't help in anyway.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Internet service providers who spend millions sponsoring tv programs and then write to me saying they have to put up their prices. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Cyclists that use the road and not the cycle lanes. 
  • bonniebohemian
    bonniebohemian Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    legal theft by the govt
    people who pull out in front of me and don't have the decency to put their foot down
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    You know what annoys me mostly? Is the thought of anyone being arrogant, extremely egotistical in their self-absorbed manner. I don't like narcissists. Repetitive routines and being interrupted. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing @chloeknight16071992 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,568 Disability Gamechanger
    I got annoyed without any good reason at something yesterday so am bumping this up to see what the new regulars have to say or indeed if the old regulars have anything new :)

I got annoyed yesterday after reading a forum post (on a different forum) where someone wanted to ban religion and many people agreed. It affected me for over an hour and obviously still is today or I wouldn’t feel the need to post about it. This I feel is irrational because I am not religious and no-one in my family is religious so it should not affect me in the slightest.

On a lighter note I have noticed I am getting more annoyed recently at the amount of small bugs in computer software or websites. I mean trivial things, not issues that make the program unusable. I don’t like the “that’ll do” attitude that is very common everywhere these days but for some reason it annoys me on a computer.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hi @66Mustang

I can understand why that might have frustrated you yesterday, and I'm sorry that it's still playing on your mind today. I can get frustrated at a few things, but one thing that has helped me massively is mindfulness and being able to rationalise things before I react to certain situations. Most of the time, it comes down to me acknowledging that we can only control our beliefs/thoughts and don't have much control over others thoughts/actions. So for me, it's about managing my own thoughts to my best ability and taking control/responsibility of what I can :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,568 Disability Gamechanger
    @Libby_Scope yes that is true. I didn’t react on the forum, I just went to a different page, but what you say is very useful. I think you are correct about focusing on what you have control over as it’s wasted time and energy dwelling on what you can’t control!
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    @66Mustang According to https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/religion-by-country
    World Population by Religion
    • Christianity - 2.38 billion.
    • Islam - 1.91 billion.
    • Hinduism - 1.16 billion.
    • Buddhism - 507 million.
    • Folk Religions - 430 million.
    • Other Religions - 61 million.
    • Judaism - 14.6 million.
    • Unaffiliated - 1.19 billion.

Good luck To anyone trying to ban over 5 billion people! 🤣

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Oh so many things....

People who play their music far too loudly;
    Children screaming for no reason;
    Anyone who habitually uses patronising tones;
    Should/could/would of... its should/could/would HAVE people!
    Emails that read like text messages;
    My landlord - long story;
    Idiots who try to emulate reality TV stars, actually reality TV in general.

On balance, its probably a good thing I live alone.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,796 Disability Gamechanger
     Bad manners, rude people. Internet being down, dirty shoes, my ex,  people moaning about the food you cooked. Late busses, its quite endless
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I try not to get angry or wound up but my worst one is lack of help with people with dementia and the unpaid carers that  are the main carer the government save loads of money on unpaid carers unpaid carers would be well off if they were paid for all the hours they put in without a break 

Other things are minor things like rattling bags, tapping , rude people , people who think they are better than anyone else but my annoyance of things change I always find something new 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to agree that language is a "living thing" that develops over time, when i see people on forums use things like "u" and "cos" etc etc it makes me cringe but then I think well thats how they always write and who am I to say they are wrong?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Black Country slang  would definitely make you cringe @woodbine lol
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 I have a friend from the Black country and you're right.
    @Username_removed we lived in Wigan many years ago for four years and "old" Wigan is almost like a code.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    @lisathomas50 oh definitely.  Black Country slang is a language all of its own, especially when you see it written down.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Lol I don't talk in black country, only accasionally when  others speak it to me but not often, I do write In it accasionally. I grew up talking it tho.  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Ay yow gunna gow outa that tay a gud fing it tay 

Ha ha good old black country been years since I spoke like that it was like learning to talk again ha ha 

When I first moved to Wales I went on the market and asked for 5lb of tatties and he asked me if I was a refugee lol and told me to point to what I wanted and realy loud and slow he said po ta toes thsts whst they are here lol 

It was amusing when I spoke back in Welsh lol

Brightness