Your first telephone number. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your first telephone number.

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
There are many things I don't remember but I do recall the first telephone number for the phone that was installed when I was 7 years old in 1966.

Do you recall your first ever phone number?
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do recall my first number, and it is still my number :D 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Can never remember phone numbers but do indeed remember our first phone in the early seventies, it was a trim phone which seemed very futuristic at the time   :D
    And our number was 64674
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     No I don’t but i remember Whitehall 1212, which I’m sure was Scotland Yard and often repeated on Tv.

i do remember mums coop number though from circa 1963, probably because I’d tag along to the front door when the milkman was paid. We used to have a lot of trades people calling too and grocers etc but we weren’t ever so posh. Memories. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes I remember my first number in the family home 

I also remember my current mobile number 

The only other number I can remember is my mums 

With mobiles you don't enter numbers so don't remember numbers but it does concern me if I lost my phone I wouldn't remember numbers 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    We had all sorts of stuff delivered in the 60's milkman, coalman, pop man, a guy who sold all sorts of cleaning stuff, a massive wagon on a Sunday morning that sold green grocery, the pru man who collected every week, i'm sure i've missed a few.
    And our first number ended 3628 and it was a "party line" which could be interesting.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’m quite good with current numbers, I know my number, several family members, my debit and credit card numbers, expiry dates, PIN numbers all from memory. 

Can’t often recall numbers though I don’t need to remember. 
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Options
    I remember the house telephone number from my childhood. And my dad mobile number. But yet I can’t remember what I ate yesterday lol 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My Mum still has our first landline number.  She kept it when moving house so I guess that's kind of cheating! 

I also still have the same mobile number that I've had since 2003!

The number I always remember is 4291...I'm sure some of you will know who's number that was!  :)
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,410 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately not I remember our home phone number though 
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,640 Pioneering
    Options
    Only the number for the speaking clock, 123, 'at the third stroke, the time will be 4.25pm, precisely', she was very posh and I wanted to marry her. Alas TIME ran out.  
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've had same mobile and landlines for about 30 years
    Can remember parents number and mother in laws. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m good with numbers. I can remember my first telephone and mobile too, only had 2 mobile numbers so not too difficult.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,640 Pioneering
    Options
    leeCal said:
     No I don’t but i remember Whitehall 1212, which I’m sure was Scotland Yard and often repeated on Tv.

i do remember mums coop number though from circa 1963, probably because I’d tag along to the front door when the milkman was paid. We used to have a lot of trades people calling too and grocers etc but we weren’t ever so posh. Memories. ?
    Greenshield stamps, you get stamps when you buy things, take your filled in book as part payment, to buy things.

Brightness