My ESA benefit is not paid into my bank account. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My ESA benefit is not paid into my bank account.

Options
Ayden
Ayden Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, (I am a new member to this website)
The DWP (ESA) benefit gets paid into my bank account every fortnightly and DWP sends my benefit into my bank account on Tuesdays and my benefit is always available on Wednesdays but for some reason when I checked my bank account today, (Tuesday) there were no transactions made by the DWP and I telephoned the DWP for ESA benefits and I was told that my benefit will go into my bank account as from 12 pm today, unfortunately, there have not been any transactions when I kept checking my bank account today.
Question 1: Is this a technological problem from DWP or will DWP send in my benefit on Wednesday now because I have not been informed by DWP of any changes on the day they will pay?
Question 2: Is there an active DWP email address in case I have to make a complaint regarding my benefit that is not getting paid into my bank account?
I just don't understand why this has happened because for months now the DWP always puts my benefit into my bank account on Tuesdays and my benefit is then available on Wednesdays...
I would appreciate any help and support, Thank You.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    hi @Ayden good evening and welcome to scope, we have seen a lot of this over recent months and its usually been a computer error, the only thing you can do is check your account at 8-30 am tomorrow and if its still not been paid telephone them and they will then usually pay it within three hours, unless of course there's a reason they haven't paid it.
    There is really little use in making a complaint these things happen when they are dealing with millions of payments.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Ayden said:

I just don't understand why this has happened because for months now the DWP always puts my benefit into my bank account on Tuesdays and my benefit is then available on Wednesdays...
    I would appreciate any help and support, Thank You.

HI,
    I don't understand what you mean by this? If it's usually available in your bank on a Wednesay, today is only Tuesday. DWP would send payment about 3 working days before it goes into your bank. Your payment day depends on the last 2 digits of your NI number..

00 - 19 Monday
    20 - 39 Tuesday
    40 - 59 Wednesday
    60 - 79 Thursday
    80 - 99 Friday"
    If payment doesn't go into your bank tomorrow then you'll need to ring DWP again to ask them to make a fast payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I think what the OP is describing is on a Tuesday they can see a pending transaction and it’s usually available on a Wednesday, but DWP have like everyone else issued the payment 3 working days prior. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I never knew the payment day was based on the NI number, that's quite interesting!  :)

• Ayden
    Ayden Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Dear Woodbine, (Answer to your reply)
    Thank you for your brilliant advice and what you said is in fact true.
    I had to contact DWP department this morning because there were no transactions again from DWP and I was told that there is a technological error with the payments not being sent to my bank account on the day I get normally paid.
    I was told that I will receive my ESA benefit as soon as possible and currently I am still waiting for my benefit to be sent into my bank account, I hope...
    Thank you again for your advice.
    Kind Regards, Ayden
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ayden I'm glad you have got it sorted and that my advice helped.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.