Mr call due any day soon. Do they call off of an 0800 number? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mr call due any day soon. Do they call off of an 0800 number?

natasha1776
natasha1776 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I believe I might get a call to discuss my Mr any day soon. Part of my condition is I don’t like talking on the phone and I struggle to explain and express my self, also very forgetful. I expressed this on the phone call after picking up the courage to try and phone them to find out what’s happening mr over the 10 week time scale. I expressed I don’t like talking on the phone hence why I failed the assessment I asked what phone number they would call off if they rang me to discuss the Mr, she didn’t know the answer. 
My question is please do they ring off a 0800 number or with help phone number when they ring to discuss. I know they don’t ring everyone but if I could have an idea of the number at least I know if to answer. Many thanks Natasha 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    They only ever ring if they have a question to ask but this doesn’t happen very often. If they do ring it’s likely to be from a withheld number, at least that’s what it was for me when I had a call from a decision maker in the past.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mamah72
    mamah72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    When they rang me the caller ID read universal credits , which was OK for me and did not cause me the usually anxiety I have about calls.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    mamah72 said:
    When they rang me the caller ID read universal credits , which was OK for me and did not cause me the usually anxiety I have about calls.

This is regarding PIP, who have been known to ring from a withheld number.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    I believe I might get a call to discuss my Mr any day soon. Part of my condition is I don’t like talking on the phone and I struggle to explain and express my self, also very forgetful. I expressed this on the phone call after picking up the courage to try and phone them to find out what’s happening mr over the 10 week time scale. I expressed I don’t like talking on the phone hence why I failed the assessment I asked what phone number they would call off if they rang me to discuss the Mr, she didn’t know the answer. 
    My question is please do they ring off a 0800 number or with help phone number when they ring to discuss. I know they don’t ring everyone but if I could have an idea of the number at least I know if to answer. Many thanks Natasha 
    When someone rang me last week about the MR, it was from an 0800 number. I waited 12 weeks. Good luck with yours.
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    @Leigh14 can’t believe how long it takes for a mr. It’s such a long process the whole pip situation. 
  • mamah72
    mamah72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Sorry I need to reiterate , on Monday I had a call and the caller ID read universal credit  however it was a lady from PIP asking if I had anything further to add as it was going to a decision maker that afternoon and I would hear by the weekend .
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    @Leigh14 can’t believe how long it takes for a mr. It’s such a long process the whole pip situation. 
    They would have been dealing with an awful lot of stuff though, backlogs, covid, working from home etc. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.