Hi, my name is arturius! Debt recovery agents — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is arturius! Debt recovery agents

arturius
arturius Community member Posts: 1 Listener
 (dept recovery agents baying like wolves after corona virus) Hi all please send me some advice, I have been paying a long standing dept off for some years now an agreed by them  £1.00 per month which is going to take more years than I have left to pay off. I have not much contact with the recovery company LINK for before the virus hit us all , but now  they are phoning me and have sent expenditure form , I am disabled  and in poor health, will filling this form in submit to a new contract, they said they will carying calling me if I don't send it back to them  soon, I look forward to any advice.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @arturius

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

Sorry to hear that you're going through this at the minute, it sounds like quite a lot. I think you might benefit from some professional financial advice for your situation, you can find a page here from Citizens Advice about how to get financial advice and also you can access this resource from the Money Advice Service about getting a financial adviser.

Just to let you know, I have moved your discussion over to our finances category.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Usually in my own experience a request to complete a income and expenditure form results in them looking at the affordability of your repayments 

They are trying to get their money back 

A payment plan is usually reviewed on a regular basis 

I would advise you complete the form . They will no doubt suggest a higher payment bit you have to agree to this 

It may be worth seeking some advice from somewhere like step change 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Agree with Jane, if you are having debt problems someone like step change maybe able to help, difficult for us to give detailed help as we don't know all your circumstances.
    What I do suspect is that they won't allow you to repay £1 a month forever because as you say the debt will probably never be repaid.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    I also agree, get some help on filling out the form since the debit will never be paid off,  Don't ornore the form, since this will allow them to say we were doing an anual check on income and expendature and it was not returned.  They can then put any figure they want as to what you need to pay.  Get advice and return the form. ( if you need time to fill the form out or get advice since the form was sent some time ago, then ring and say so to them. ) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.