A positive story — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A positive story

littlelaydee
littlelaydee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys I’m new here and wanted to share my story!

So I applied for pip back in March for my eating disorder and other mental health condition. 

I was filled with dread and anxiety while waiting for my assessment. Five months later at the beginning of August I had my assessment. 

I was panicky, palms were sweaty and I had my mum with me in case I messed up. 

The assessor was nice and I thought that went well. One week later and I asked for the report and my gosh I was in shock. I scored 0 points!! I cried I was upset as I thought that the decision maker would agree with the assessor. 

I sent in further evidence including which included a letter detailing where I should have scored points and the outcome of my assessment  for my eating disorder and treatment plan. 

This was sent on the 3rd September. I anxiously called asking for an update. I decided to leave it as I was being told the same thing. I called today and was told that a decision had been made yesterday. I was so nervous when the lady asked me if I wanted to know the outcome I was like ‘no’ then ‘yes’ then I was like just tell me and she said ‘you’ve been awarded enhanced rate for daily living! 

I cried tears of joy as I went from scoring 0 points overall to the decision maker going against the report  I’ve never been happy! After reading this forum for so long I finally got the help I needed. 

It does happen guys things can turn from a negative to a positive. 
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.