Social care bill — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Social care bill

Jonesy1
Jonesy1 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
We will wait to see what increase the MP,s will give themselves 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure how that compares to social care, especially as all MP'S pay national insurance and many will pay the new share dividend increased taxation.
    If i'm honest I would have to say that MP's are in comparison to many country's underpaid, not when you consider they are responsible for around 70,000 constituents.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Jonesy1 said:
    We will wait to see what increase the MP,s will give themselves 
    I don’t see what relevance you are trying to make to social care or what link you are trying to establish. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopeing the prime minister keeps his promise to Barbara Windsor when he he said he would put help and support in for people with dementia / alzihmers  becsuse there isn't any now 

Since I have had my mum liveing with me I have had no  help or support only carers mum has had to pay for whilst I work some people can be cruel and have called my mum not very nice names because they are ignorant 

There is a lack of understanding of dementia they are still people they still deserve to have quality of life going on holiday etc they still have feelings 

The unpaid carer gets a raw deal all round 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I would have to agree that families who provide care are under paid and overlooked and yet they save the country £billions.
    I would like to see two things happen, carers allowance increased to at least a £100 a week and the amount anyone getting CA can earn increased to £200 a week.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Totally agree about unpaid carers after all their commitments prevent them from working so how are they expected to finance their life 

Also some small recognition for child carers who get no recognition or support 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    It always annoys me that whenever carers having an increase is brought up there's always some politician coming back with 'but you are also allowed to work' to justify why they don't think it should happen.
    When many carers can't even get a couple of hours a week to themselves, let alone a job, because of their caring roles.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I was working before mum came I only do two nights but because mum has to much money she pays her own care but because I get limited capability to work I cant get carers allowance 

Makes it hard for me as I have constant arguments with my brother  over mums money as he is power of attorney but he expectes me to give my job up so that I don't need carers and expects me to pay for mum out my money its been hard a stressful  the money for carers is sorted now so just have to make the best of it 

@janer1967 I agree with what you said about children careing unfortunately local authorities have a dim view of this and have intervened which isn't fair but does happen 

Brightness